Windows 10 is a personal computer operating system developed and commercially released by Microsoft as part of the Windows NT family of operating systems on July 29, 2015. This 'last' major version of Microsoft's Windows client operating system has a common core that works across all platforms, from PCs and tablets to, Xbox and the Internet of Things.
Unlike previous versions of Windows, Microsoft has branded Windows 10 as a "service" that receives ongoing "feature updates." Devices in enterprise environments as opposed to consumer use can receive these updates at a slower pace, or use long-term support milestones that only receive critical updates, such as security patches, over their five-year lifespan of mainstream support.
The primary focus of this SI subject board is Microsoft's Windows 10 OS and applications used in conjunction with Windows 10 but a secondary focus is a look back at prior versions of DOS based or NT Kernel based Windows and the evolution of application software for Windows.
There is frequent discussion of Windows 10 by users and prospective users transitioning from Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 or using other OS on SI's 'Computer Learning' subject board hosted by 'goldworldnet' (Josh). This board was created as a supplement to that popular SI board.
Windows 10 Links ...
• Windows 10 (Wikipedia): en.wikipedia.org 10
• Windows 10 (Into Windows): intowindows.com
• Windows 10 Freeware (Into Windows): intowindows.com
• Windowa101 Tricks [and Win10 Tipsand Tutorials]: windows101tricks.com
• Windows Central: windowscentral.com
• The Ed Bott Report (ZDNet): zdnet.com
Historical Microsoft Windows Links ...
• Microsoft Windows OS Versions Timeline (CM Tech): compsmag.com
[ Links will be expanded ]
Mobile Wireless Telephony and Mobile Wireless Computing ...
• 4G - Wireless Beyond Third Generation | Subject 51577
• 5G Wireless and the Internet of Things (IoT) | Subject 59647
Cloud, Edge and Decentralized Computing
• Cloud, edge and decentralized computing | Subject 57203
- Eric L. -