|We've detected that you're using an ad content blocking browser plug-in or feature. Ads provide a critical source of revenue to the continued operation of Silicon Investor. We ask that you disable ad blocking while on Silicon Investor in the best interests of our community. If you are not using an ad blocker but are still receiving this message, make sure your browser's tracking protection is set to the 'standard' level.|
Windows 10 is a personal computer operating system developed and commercially released by Microsoft as part of the Windows NT family of operating systems on July 29, 2015. This 'last' major version of Microsoft's Windows client operating system has a common core that works across all platforms, from PCs and tablets to, Xbox and the Internet of Things.
Unlike previous versions of Windows, Microsoft has branded Windows 10 as a "service" that receives ongoing "feature updates." Devices in enterprise environments as opposed to consumer use can receive these updates at a slower pace, or use long-term support milestones that only receive critical updates, such as security patches, over their five-year lifespan of mainstream support.
The primary focus of this SI subject board is Microsoft's Windows 10 OS and applications used in conjunction with Windows 10 but a secondary focus is a look back at prior versions of DOS based or NT Kernel based Windows and the evolution of application software for Windows.
Windows 11: A new SI Windows Subject Board .is here and open for reading and posting: Subject 60241
There is frequent discussion of Windows 10 by users and prospective users transitioning from Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 or using other OS on SI's 'Computer Learning' subject board hosted by 'goldworldnet' (Josh). This board was created as a supplement to that popular SI board.
Windows 10 Links ...
• Windows 10 (Wikipedia): en.wikipedia.org 10
• Windows 10 Version History & Support Status by color (Wikipedia | 4/15/202) ... Message 32679247
• Windows 10 (Into Windows): intowindows.com
• Windows 10 Freeware (Into Windows): intowindows.com
• Windowa101 Tricks [and Win10 Tips and Tutorials]: windows101tricks.com
• Windows Central: windowscentral.com
• Windows Latest: windowslatest.com | Windows 10 News windowslatest.com
• Windows Weekly podcast with Leo Laporte, Mary Jo Foley, Paul Thurrott (TWIT): twit.tv
Microsoft Windows Tech Gurus and Columnists
• Ed Bott's 'The Ed Bott Report' (ZDNet): zdnet.com
• Leo A. Notenboom's 'Ask Leo!': askleo.com List of Leo's most recent articles: askleo.com
• Martin Brinkmann (Ghacks) on Windows 10: ghacks.net
• Mary Jo Foley's 'All About Microsoft' (ZDNet): zdnet.com
• Preston Gralla (Computerworld): computerworld.com
• Gregg Keizer (Computerworld): computerworld.com
• Woody Leonhard (Computerworld): computerworld.com
• Woody Leonhard's 'AskWoody' with Fred Langa, Susan Bradley, et al: askwoody.com
Historical and other Microsoft Windows Links ...
• Windows 10: A guide to the updates (ComputerWorld Gralla) computerworld.com
• Microsoft Windows OS Versions Timeline (CM Tech): compsmag.com
• Microsoft Windows Version History (Wikipedia): en.wikipedia.org
• Neowin's Microsoft News | neowin.net
SI Internet Browser Subject Boards
• Microsoft Edge | Subject 60151
• Mozilla Firefox | Subject 55208
Mobile Wireless Telephony and Mobile Wireless Computing ...
• 4G - Wireless Beyond Third Generation | Subject 51577
• 5G Wireless and the Internet of Things (IoT) | Subject 59647
Cloud, Edge and Decentralized Computing
• Cloud, edge and decentralized computing | Subject 57203
- Eric L. -
|© 2023 Knight Sac Media. Data provided by IEX, Alpha Vantage, Coinbase, Binance, Fintel and CityFALCON News|