|We've detected that you're using an ad content blocking browser plug-in or feature. Ads provide a critical source of revenue to the continued operation of Silicon Investor. We ask that you disable ad blocking while on Silicon Investor in the best interests of our community. If you are not using an ad blocker but are still receiving this message, make sure your browser's tracking protection is set to the 'standard' level.|
Moore's law is the observation that, over the history of computing hardware, the number of transistors in a dense integrated circuit doubles approximately every two years
MOORE'S LAW IS DEAD
POET Technologies Inc. is the developer of next-generation Gallium Arsenide (“GaAs”) semiconductor device technology called POET (Planar Opto-Electronic Technology). POET is a platform that allows for the integration of optics and electronics on a single chip. This offers a next-generation breakthrough in cost & performance for commercial and consumer products. POET immediately addresses the requirements of numerous military development and procurement programs for sensors, communications and computing. POET Technologies owns 34 patents and has 7 patents pending that protect the IP behind the platform that Dr. Geoffrey Taylor has been developing for over 20 years of research at the University of Connecticut (UConn).
What Does “POET” Mean? What Does “PET” Mean?
• “POET” = “Planar Opto-Electronic Technology”.
• POET is a revolutionary Gallium Arsenide (GaAs) process used to build electrical, optical, and electro-optical integrated circuits.
• Supports a full range of electrical and optical active and passive circuit components.
• Very high performance versus existing silicon (up to 100x faster).
• Very low power consumption versus existing silicon (up to 95% less).
• Much more versatile than legacy compound semiconductor processes (GaAs, InP, others).
• Can be manufactured using existing CMOS chip making equipment.
• Fully compatible with existing semiconductor design and manufacturing flows.
• Will allow unprecedented integration into a single chip of functions that take entire chip sets today for large component cost reduction, and (particularly for optics) tremendous (e.g. 80%) reduction in assembly and test costs.
OPTICAL INTERPOSER TECHNICAL INFORMATION
MODS NOTE: THIS FORUM IS FOR FANS OF POET TECHNOLOGIES. ONE SIMPLE RULE APPLIES, DEBATE ABOUT THE INDUSTRY, THE COMPANY, AND THE TECHNOLOGY IS WELCOMED. DEBATE, DERISION, NEGATIVITY ABOUT THE SHARE PRICE, TRADING PATTERNS, MANIPULATION OF SHARES... IS NOT ! FAILURE TO ADHERE TO THIS AND YOU WILL BE BANNED. NO EXCEPTIONS, NO ARGUMENTS.
|© 2022 Knight Sac Media. Data provided by IEX, Alpha Vantage, Coinbase, Binance, Fintel and CityFALCON News|