Looking for Investment Tracking Software
|An SI Board Since October 2012|
Just found this site and it looks like a great place for investors!
The company that makes the Windows program that my wife and I have been using for many years, to keep track of our investments and watch lists, is closing down and trying to sell itself to another company. The program is Personal Stock Monitor and we use the Gold version ($49.95) +$39.95 per year for updates.
So, we are looking for a replacement, but have not found anything that meets our needs and is reasonably priced. We also use Quicken 2012 Premiere but it does not have the features we're looking for. The programs we've looked at so far, include Fund Manager, Stock Market Eye, Quant IX, Investment Account Manager (Personal v2), Investment Account Manager (Pro Beta v3), icarra, and VectorVest.
The program features we use every day, include the following. Do any of you know of a stand-alone investment tracking/monitoring/management program (not an online portal or system), or a combination of programs, that is capable of these things? ...
Main Program Functionality
- Runs in Windows 7 (64-bit)
- Unlimited account (portfolio) count. We currently have multiple accounts at multiple investment firms.
- Large selection of built-in data providers (free and paid)
- User-defined, multiple sub-portfolios or categories under each account/portfolio
- Ability to edit/enter and use Asset Classes, investment Types, etc.
- Built-in portfolio goal/allocation target sub-system
- Unlimited ticker count (due to our large watch lists)
- Complete transaction entry system/register
- Ability to set alerts, with an alert action (icon, sound, email, cell color), on any of the built-in data fields
- Window to display all currently active alerts
- Ability to backup and restore all files
- Automatically stores all retrieved data, with ability to purge intraday prices by date
- Ability to import and export selected data, via CSV, Quicken, QFX, etc.
- Find/search (symbol, text) function - across all accounts/portfolios
- Context-sensitive (right-click), user-defined Bookmarks/Jump Points (main display and ticker-specific)
- Graphs, such as Allocations (by industry, GICS, class, type, etc.), for entire file, Account/Portfolio, Sub-Portfolios
- Built-in news headline display and linking to stories
- Built-in basic reports
- Built-in updating of program and individual modules
- Would be nice if it had integrated transaction retrieval from brokerage/investment accounts
- Ability to add a ticker by symbol, name, or search (auto online look-up)
- Ability to edit the company name in a ticker entry (to modify any ALL CAPS ENTRIES)
- Large selection of built-in fundamental and technical data fields
- Ability to define what columns to display, in what order and then save the layout (ie. performance, fundamental, technical, etc.)
- Ability to easily switch between multiple layouts, that were previously defined and saved
- Ability to click on a column heading to sort the display by this column
- Ability to collapse/expand account/portfolio items in the main list
- Ability to Hide/Unhide tickers
- Ability to copy/move an account/portfolio, sub-portfolio, ticker, etc.
- User-defined data columns (number, text, expression, etc.) with ability to enter calculations
- Text or memo box for each ticker or a way to right-click/link to an external file (to enter research info)
- User-customizable context (right-click) menus
Built-In Charting, with...
- Right-click a ticker and select the chart type (Intraday, History, etc.)
- Automatically loads the necessary data when opened, remembering and using the previously displayed time period and indicators. None of this having to manually request the necessary data (manually enter a date range) every time it's opened, such as with Fund Manager.
- Selectable duration/time periods with zoom in and back out to previous date range
- User annotations that can be modified, moved, saved, etc.
- Color controls
- Large selection of technical indicators
- Ability to save list of user-selected indicators for later recall on other charts
- Crosshair cursor with display all data points at intersection
Built-in scripting API which allows the user to...
- Automate data retrieval/extraction (ie. from web pages) and storage
- Create custom reports
- Create custom data import/export scripts
- Create custom charts
What program(s) are YOU using for portfolio management, charting and analysis, watch list tracking, and so forth?
Thank you, in advance, to everyone who replies to my question.