SEPTEMBER, 2012 — The prediction — "Mother Nature will act, and she will be ruthless."
|An SI Board Since September 2012|
OVERSHOOT — Energy cost, climate change, population growth, resource depletion and biosphere degradation are parallel trends on the rise.
Events of the last few decades are consistent:
In coming years climate change, biosphere degradation, resource depletion and human mass behaviour will synergize in a downward spiral ...
- Disaggregation: Brexit, NATO, Spain & Catalonia, NAFTA, Poland & the EU, the Middle East
- Climatic events, extreme weather: Rising sea levels, deadly storms, heat, fires & floods, catastrophic rain
- Mass migrations
- Polarization - Populism. Rising hatreds and politically-driven antagonism
- Geopolitical stressors:regional, factional and national rivalries
- Increasing economic costs: payouts, damages, mitigation, prevention. Socialized losses.
- Accelerating dominance of capital; gap between rich and poor widens
———————————————— FEEDBACK LOOPS WILL BE NEGATIVE ————————————————
Many excellent SI threads post extreme weather events -- news items about climate events and biosphere degradation. THE VORTEX is not a news list. Instead, it's based on principles stated by Georgescu-Roegen, Herman Daly, Erwin Schrodinger and others that energy shapes all human activity — and that current economics, the economics of capitalism and consumerism is a false construct.
"Erwin Schrödinger has described life as a system in steady-state thermodynamic disequilibrium that maintains its constant distance from equilibrium (death) by feeding on low entropy from its environment—that is, by exchanging high-entropy outputs for low-entropy inputs. The same statement would hold verbatim as a physical description of our economic process. A corollary of this statement is that an organism cannot live in a medium of its own waste products."