|We've detected that you're using an ad content blocking browser plug-in or feature. Ads provide a critical source of revenue to the continued operation of Silicon Investor. We ask that you disable ad blocking while on Silicon Investor in the best interests of our community. If you are not using an ad blocker but are still receiving this message, make sure your browser's tracking protection is set to the 'standard' level.|
Welcome to the California Energy Crisis Forum.
After doing a stocktalk search for the text 'california energy crisis' I realized that it was a rather popular topic, but was also fragmented or scattered across all kinds of threads and subjects.
So from here on I suggest we aggregate all kinds of posts, articles, links, market information, policy and political impacts that are directly relevant to the California Energy Crisis on this thread.
Readers who want a place to learn of new relevant newswire companies, links to credible articles or links that particularly relate to the north american weather, drilling and service activities, gas exploration & production, independant gas fired power producers, electric utilities will frequent here.
THREAD GROUND RULES:
1. Post your link or comments on an article you have read along with a brief comment as to how you see it relating to
better understanding an investment niche within the
CALIFORNIA ENERGY CRISIS.
2. References to a Newspaper or Magazine please specify author, date, page# to allow others to be able to locate the source if they want to read the entire segment. Also
include original URL so readers can verify posted info for themselves.
3. Okay to post a company stock symbol as long as you also offer a prior explanation of where that firm fits in the bigger picture of serving the natural gas/power/util industries. (However the intent of the thread is to stitch together new sources of information to cross-check any posts or research that helps readers of this forum make intelligent investment decisions.
CA ENERGY CRISIS FORUM - TOPIC/INFO BREAKDOWN:
A) SUBJECTS REFERING TO CALIFORNIA ENERGY/ELECTRICITY CRISIS
B) ENERGY PORTALS
C) ENERGY RELATED FINANCE ARTICLES, MEDIA, LINKS
D) ENERGY, ELECTRIC UTILITY LEGAL AND EDUCATIONAL LINKS
E) ENERGY CRISIS IMPACT ON TECH SECTOR DISCUSSIONS
F) POSSIBLE LONG TERM SOLUTIONS :
G) CALIFORNIA DEREGULATION DISCUSSIONS:
H) GENERATING CAPACITY DISCUSSIONS
I) ALTERNATIVE ENERGY DISCUSSIONS
A)SUBJECTS REFERING TO CALIFORNIA ENERGY/ELECTRICITY CRISIS
1) Subject: The *NEW* Frank Coluccio Technology Forum
2) Subject: coastal caribbean (cco@)
3) Subject: CLOWN-FREE ZONE... sorry, no clowns allowed
4) Subject: Strictly: Drilling and oil-field services
5) Subject: KOB.TO - East Lost Hills & GSJB joint venture
6) Natural Gas Boom 2001 - Information Sources Forum
7) Subject: MARKET INDEX TECHNICAL ANALYSIS - MITA
8) Subject: Stock Attack -- A Complete Analysis
9) Subject: Technical analysis for shorts & longs
10)Subject: MDD - Market Direction Discussion
...feel free to suggest more.
B) ENERGY PORTALS:
b1) Portal of energy news,weather,electricity,natural gas
b2) Energy Experts - Ask and Answer any Energy Question
b3) Energy Intelligence Group - Good Gas Pricing Source
C) ENERGY RELATED FINANCE ARTICLES, MEDIA, LINKS
c1) Canadian version of CNBC called Report on Business TV
c2) Small Capitalization (Energy company stories)
smallcapcenter.com (see energy)
c3) Weather Derivatives & Weather Links
c4) NG Futures futures.tradingcharts.com
NG Pricing ngx.com LINK=freestats
c5) INO.com for futures,options,equities traders
c6) More gas prices & rig counts
D) Energy/Electric Utility Legal and Educational Websites:
d1) Federal Energy Regulatory Commission - Natural Gas Website
d2) SAIT (southern alta. institute of technology) course materials, o&g general. progdev.sait.ab.ca
d3) ENERGY CRISIS IMPACT ON TECH SECTOR DISCUSSIONS
...Calif. energy woes zap tech sector......Energy Problems in CA could endanger all of us...thought some of you would want to see this article...especially since so many of us are heavily invested in tech....
POSSIBLE LONG TERM SOLUTIONS :
Eg....new power plants, reduce energy demand, other energy sources...
CALIFORNIA DEREGULATION DISCUSSIONS:
Eg....Blame California's energy crisis on botched deregulation...there may not yet be a worldwide energy crisis, but there certainly is a Californian energy crisis and it is largely the result of misguided decisions...
GENERATING CAPACITY DISCUSSIONS
Eg...California has added very little generating capacity in the past decade. At the same time, demand in California surged as the state's economy recovered from a recession and technology growth in Silicon Vallley..
ALTERNATIVE ENERGY DISCUSSIONS
Eg....Fuel Cells...seem to have awakened form their slumber this week due to the California crisis...
...Fuel Cell Technology Alternative energy and fuel cell technology is receiving more attention on Wall Street, so we thought our readers might like a briefing on the topic. With the energy crisis in California...
|© 2021 Knight Sac Media. Data provided by IEX, Alpha Vantage, Coinbase, Binance, Fintel and CityFALCON News|