In recent years, credit card companies have made lots of promotional offers of low or no interest for short periods of time. For example here is a 0% rate on an aria card
My experience recently has been that the number of these offers have been accelerating. Here is a list of offers I have received recently:
1. Chase Platinum 2.99% for one year
2. Chase Shell MasterCard 5.9% until 3/1/2001
3. MBNA 4.9% through December statement
4. American Express Rebate Card (Costco) 3.9% for six months
5. Citicorp gold 6.9% for nine months
6. Mellon (now a Citicorp card) 4.9% approx 6 months
7. First Usa 2.99% very short term.
If you are aware of any promotions like these, you might post here to help other si'ers that are looking for such deals.