|We've detected that you're using an ad content blocking browser plug-in or feature. Ads provide a critical source of revenue to the continued operation of Silicon Investor. We ask that you disable ad blocking while on Silicon Investor in the best interests of our community. For example, here is how to disable FireFox ad content blocking while on Silicon Investor.|
Unique Mobility, Inc. Amex: UQM
Phone: (303) 278-2002
- Electric and hybrid-electric vehicle propulsion systems
- Electric motors, electronic controls and mechanical gears
- Low-voltage propulsion systems including wheelchairs, electric scooters & bicycles
The Company's primary objective is to enter the automotive mass market for alternatively powered vehicles. In the near term Unique has initiated 3 high volume product programs to develop "clean" propulsion systems for wheelchairs, electric scooters & bicycles:
- A 2-year agreement to supply wheelchair motors to Invacare - invacare.com
- Development of a high performance bicycle motor for Lee Iacocca's EV Global Motors uqm.com
- KYMCO - Taiwan's leading scooter manufacturer (in excess of 700,000 units annually) named "Taiwan UQM" it's sole supplier of electric scooter propulsion systems theautochannel.com:8080/news/press/date/19970617/press003419.html .
Both Invacare and EV Global are shareholders of Unique with EV Global (Lee Iacocca) being the largest with more than a 10% equity position.
Unique's largest commercial opportunity is the emerging mass market for alternative-powered vehicles. Ex-Chrysler Corp. chairman Lee Iacocca and ex-General Motors chairman Robert C. Stempel have joined forces to accelerate the commercialization of light electric vehicles for personal transportation - ovonic.com .
High efficient, power-dense electric traction motors and electronic controls will be in demand no matter which type of energy source prevails. Unique's current $37 million technology and product development portfolio has been funded largely by major corporations (many of which are current or potential customers) such as Alcan Aluminum, BMW, DARPA, Deere & Co, Ford, General Motors, Invacare Corp., Hyundai, Pininfarina, Kia Motors, Northrop Grumman and the US Depts of Defense, Energy and Transportation.
|© 2019 Knight Sac Media. Data provided by IEX, Alpha Vantage, Coinbase, Binance, Fintel and CityFALCON News|