|We've detected that you're using an ad content blocking browser plug-in or feature. Ads provide a critical source of revenue to the continued operation of Silicon Investor. We ask that you disable ad blocking while on Silicon Investor in the best interests of our community. For example, here is how to disable FireFox ad content blocking while on Silicon Investor.|
Last year, a lively contest developed on Prodigy to pick college and pro football games against the spread. Unfortunately, I dusted Prodigy because that was about all it had going for it. So I will try to get one going here:
1. All lines will be posted Tuesday night. My source will be ESB, and these lines will be stagnant. They will not be updated. You will be easily able to identify this post and it will be in the format of:
========== LINES FOR WEEK xx ========== Please post your picks to that post. There is a team number to the far left of each team. You can either just post those numbers or submit the team name and the line (for instance, Fla State -15.5).
2. You can chose a minimum of 3 games and a maximum of 10 games per week. Those games that over/unders attached to them ARE eligible. They can be all college, all pro, or a combination. If you in error post more than 10 propositions, I will take the first 10. If you post less than three, that will be treated as not posting for that week. If you don't post for more than 2 consecutive weeks, you will be dropped from the contest.
3. In addition to your picks, also list your best bet (aka Game of the Week).
4. All entries for a week must be posted on ONE post. No adding games peacemeal. Any submissions after your first and only post for the week will be ignored.
5. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY SATURDAY AT 11:00 AM EASTERN. Any posting after that time will be ignored for contest purposes. If you want to share any hot info with the masses, that's fine, but it won't count for your entry for that week. Even if you do PRO ONLY, picks are still due by SATURDAY AT 11:00 AM EASTERN. The intent of this rule is to make the playing field level. These are supposed to be YOUR picks and should weed out those that use late phone services from services, etc.
6. Exception to #5 above. In weeks where there are games on Thursday or Friday, if you chose to pick any of those games, your entire entry must be submitted by the time of the first game on Thursday or Friday.
With the lines each week I will have listed when your picks need to be in.
7. If, for the purposes of this contest, you want to be known as someone other than your SI screen name, please post that with your first week's pick and every pick thereafter. I will be known as "Tazman" for instance.
8. Standings will be posted no later than Wednesday each week and will be in the format of:
========== STANDINGS THRU WEEK xx ========== Where Monday is the end of the week. If I make an error, please post a correction notice to this post.
9. If you have a friend that is not an SI member but would like to enter anyways, that's fine. Just posted under your name and let me know their name or alias.
There are some college games this week and I will put those out their for those that want in on some of them. Since no Pro Lines will be out until after these games, this will be the one exception to the one posting rule. You may post TWICE and I'll list these games as WEEK 1a and WEEK 1b. So consider this weekend's college games (8/29) AND next weeks college and pro games (9/5 - 9/7) as WEEK 1.
Good Luck to all. This is for entertainment purposes only, and for bragging rights. This contest conforms to all internet gaming laws and is for FUN only.