We've detected that you're using an ad content blocking browser plug-in or feature. Ads provide a critical source of revenue to the continued operation of Silicon Investor.  We ask that you disable ad blocking while on Silicon Investor in the best interests of our community.  If you are not using an ad blocker but are still receiving this message, make sure your browser's tracking protection is set to the 'standard' level.
Non-Tech : Attractive opportunities in already announced mergers -- Ignore unavailable to you. Want to Upgrade?

To: D. K. G. who wrote (51)5/22/2012 12:28:01 PM
From: Paul Senior  Read Replies (1) | Respond to of 64
VQ is so low compared to buyout price that I'm a little worried that the deal won't get done. However, I am holding on to my position and sticking with my bet that it'll get completed.

The deal I'm most enthused now about is Viterra (VTRAF/, and I have a substantially larger bet on that one. With Viterra, while the gain (%) isn't so large as VQ might or will be, the acquiring company really wants Viterra and has the financing to do the deal (I believe). The two issues seem to be: 1) will the local Canadian government block the deal, and/or 2) will the deal be delayed to such an extent that given the time value of money, it's not worth holding Viterra until the deal actually gets completed.