SI
SI
discoversearch

We've detected that you're using an ad content blocking browser plug-in or feature. Ads provide a critical source of revenue to the continued operation of Silicon Investor.  We ask that you disable ad blocking while on Silicon Investor in the best interests of our community.  If you are not using an ad blocker but are still receiving this message, make sure your browser's tracking protection is set to the 'standard' level.

   Non-TechAttractive opportunities in already announced mergers


Previous 10 Next 10 
To: Paul Senior who wrote (50)5/22/2012 10:47:08 AM
From: D. K. G.
   of 64
 
Started a VQ position from SNDA and MMI proceeds.

Share RecommendKeepReplyMark as Last ReadRead Replies (1)


To: D. K. G. who wrote (51)5/22/2012 12:28:01 PM
From: Paul Senior
   of 64
 
VQ is so low compared to buyout price that I'm a little worried that the deal won't get done. However, I am holding on to my position and sticking with my bet that it'll get completed.

The deal I'm most enthused now about is Viterra (VTRAF/VT.to), and I have a substantially larger bet on that one. With Viterra, while the gain (%) isn't so large as VQ might or will be, the acquiring company really wants Viterra and has the financing to do the deal (I believe). The two issues seem to be: 1) will the local Canadian government block the deal, and/or 2) will the deal be delayed to such an extent that given the time value of money, it's not worth holding Viterra until the deal actually gets completed.

Share RecommendKeepReplyMark as Last ReadRead Replies (1)


To: Paul Senior who wrote (52)5/22/2012 1:16:03 PM
From: D. K. G.
   of 64
 
Re VQ yep, that's the risk in arb. Looks to be finding a bottom so I'm fishing today. I'll set a stop loss to limit downside 7% or so for a potential higher return should the deal go through.

Looks like June12th for VQ?

GL with Viterra.

Share RecommendKeepReplyMark as Last ReadRead Replies (1)


To: D. K. G. who wrote (53)5/23/2012 10:42:16 AM
From: D. K. G.
   of 64
 
VQ tape is weak...not a bottom yet..fish around 9..some support there.

Share RecommendKeepReplyMark as Last ReadRead Replies (1)


To: D. K. G. who wrote (54)6/19/2012 3:42:56 PM
From: D. K. G.
   of 64
 
Venoco CEO gets more time for buyout financing
Denver Business Journal by Mark Harden, New Media EditorDate: Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 4:31pm MDT
Related: Energy, Mergers and Acquisitions, Oil & gas

Enlarge Image

DBJ file
Venoco Inc. Chairman and CEO Timothy Marquez

Mark HardenNew Media Editor- Denver Business Journal Email | Facebook | Twitter | Broadway & 17th blog
Venoco Inc. Chairman and CEO Timothy Marquez has been given more time to line up financing for his planned $735 million buyout of the company.

Under terms of his offer for the Denver oil and gas company (NYSE: VQ), Marquez originally had until Tuesday, June 12, to provide the Venoco board with financing commitment letters.

But Marquez asked that the deadline be extended to July 20, and the board has granted that request, Venoco disclosed in a securities filing Wednesday.

“The [buyout agreement] contemplates that it might be necessary to provide Mr. Marquez some additional time to secure financing,” Rick Walker, chairman of a special committee of the Venoco board overseeing the buyout, “and allows for an extension of the financing deadline if the committee believes an extension is reasonable under the circumstances.”

The Pacific Coast Business Times of Santa Barbara reports that Marquez needs to finance nearly $400 million to close the deal.

> MORE: The DBJ’s June 2011 profile of Tim Marquez.

Venoco shareholders voted June 5 to approve Marquez’s $12.50-per-share buyout offer, which he announced last August. He plans to take the company private.

The acquisition is to be made through a company called Denver Parent Corp.

Marquez and his wife already own 50.3 percent of the shares in Venoco (NYSE: VQ).

Venoco focuses its exploration efforts in California, both offshore and onshore. It operates three offshore platforms in the Santa Barbara Channel.

Marquez said in January that he plans to give up the CEO title in the third quarter of 2012 and serve as executive chairman, guiding growth and acquisitions. COO Ed O’Donnell is to succeed him as CEO.

Mark Harden is print and digital content editor for the Denver Business Journal and writes for the "Broadway & 17th" blog. Email: mharden@bizjournals.com.

Share RecommendKeepReplyMark as Last ReadRead Replies (1)


To: D. K. G. who wrote (55)6/19/2012 3:46:23 PM
From: D. K. G.
   of 64
 
A 20% Arbitrage Opportunity With Venoco

seekingalpha.com

Broken clocks, blind squirrels finding nuts and my 9 dollar support fishing trip are working out in this Arb....so far.

Share RecommendKeepReplyMark as Last ReadRead Replies (1)


From: bpkaus6/30/2012 12:47:28 AM
   of 64
 
There are a number of US listed China stks with proposed takeovers by management. A couple I'm optimistic will actually get done include AMCF and WH, both of which are trading at less than half the proposed takeout price. This is unfortunately buyer beware territory with widespread fraud in the sector. One example of suspected fraud is TBET, which I unfortunately own in addition to AMCF and WH.

Share RecommendKeepReplyMark as Last Read


To: D. K. G. who wrote (56)8/16/2012 9:20:20 AM
From: D. K. G.
   of 64
 
7:11AM Venoco announces advanced financing discussions ( VQ) 9.53 : Co announced that it has been informed by Denver Parent ("DPC"), an affiliate of Timothy Marquez, Venoco's Executive Chairman, that DPC is engaged in advanced discussions regarding the financing of the merger contemplated by the merger agreement among Venoco, Mr. Marquez, DPC and another affiliate of Mr. Marquez. DPC has advised Venoco that it expects the $436.5 million financing package to consist of a $21.5 million initial draw on a new first lien revolving credit facility with an initial borrowing base of $125 million, a $175 million second lien term loan at Venoco, an asset sale from Venoco to DPC in the amount of $210 million and capital raises by DPC in the amount of $240 million, including a volumetric production payment on the assets sold to DPC by Venoco. A completion date of the financing and closing of the merger has not been set although the transactions are currently expected to close prior to September 14, 2012. Neither Venoco nor DPC has entered into definitive agreements with respect to any aspect of the financing.

Share RecommendKeepReplyMark as Last ReadRead Replies (1)


To: D. K. G. who wrote (58)9/24/2012 3:39:34 PM
From: D. K. G.
   of 64
 
Booking VQ Profit$. Other opportunities beckon.

Share RecommendKeepReplyMark as Last Read


From: Paul Senior10/3/2012 10:10:00 PM
   of 64
 
VQ deal closed today, finally. I got impatient/worried and sold most recently. Still in for some though at the end.

Share RecommendKeepReplyMark as Last Read
Previous 10 Next 10