|To: afrayem onigwecher who started this subject||8/4/2004 12:56:29 PM|
|INVESTRENDS HUCKSTERS ALSO RECOMMENDED MAWI. SEC ALSO DID A REPORT. LOL |
"Despite this, following each merger MAWI hyped the newly-formed public companies with a barrage of press releases, paid coverage in Internet investment newsletters, and postings to Internet stock discussion boards. Kelly, Gilak, Eck and Medley then sold their unregistered stock into the market, reaping more than $20 million in illegal profits."
SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Litigation Release No. 17118 / September 6, 2001
Accounting and Auditing Enforcement Release No. 1440 / September 6, 2001
SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION v. M & A WEST, INC.; SCOTT L. KELLY; SALVATORE CENSOPRANO; ZAHRA R. GILAK; FRANK THOMAS ECK, III; and STANLEY R. MEDLEY, United States District Court for the Northern District of California, Civil Action No. C-01-3376 (CRB)
S.E.C. CHARGES BAY AREA "INTERNET INCUBATOR" WITH FRAUD AND REGISTRATION VIOLATIONS
The United States Securities and Exchange Commission ("Commission") announced today that it has sued M & A West, Inc. ("MAWI" or the "Company"), a self-proclaimed "Internet incubator" engaged in developing Internet-related technology companies. According to the Commission, since 1999 MAWI and various persons affiliated with the Company have reaped more than $20 million in illegal profits by selling unregistered securities to investors, in violation of the registration provisions of the federal securities laws. These persons funneled millions of dollars through various secret accounts back to MAWI, which fraudulently reported the funds as revenue from operations which did not in fact exist. MAWI was based in San Bruno, California throughout the course of the scheme, and has recently relocated to Liberty, Texas.
Also named in the Commission's complaint, filed in the Northern District of California, are:
Scott L. Kelly of Chandler, Arizona (until recently of Hillsborough, California), MAWI's former President and Chief Executive Officer;
Zahra R. Gilak and Frank Thomas Eck III of Napa, California, who served as MAWI's corporate secretary and outside counsel, respectively;
Salvatore Censoprano of Foster City, California, MAWI's former Chief Financial Officer; and
Stanley R. Medley of Los Angeles, California, an Eck associate who assisted in the transactions.
According to the complaint, during 1999 and 2000 Kelly, Gilak, Eck and Medley arranged a series of so-called reverse mergers between various MAWI operating divisions or related companies and publicly-traded shell companies with no operations. The mergers resulted in the formation of four publicly-traded companies - MAWI, VirtualLender.com (later renamed VLDC Technologies), Workfire.com, and Digital Bridge - in which these four defendants held significant interests. Under federal law, Kelly, Gilak, Eck and Medley were prohibited from selling their shares to the public unless the newly-formed companies complied with the registration provisions of the securities laws, which generally require that potential investors be provided with a prospectus that discloses certain material information about a company. No registration statement was ever filed for any of the defendants' shares and no exemptions from registration applied.
Despite this, following each merger MAWI hyped the newly-formed public companies with a barrage of press releases, paid coverage in Internet investment newsletters, and postings to Internet stock discussion boards. Kelly, Gilak, Eck and Medley then sold their unregistered stock into the market, reaping more than $20 million in illegal profits.
The complaint also alleges that Medley, who was responsible for locating the public shell companies and documenting the terms of the mergers, violated the securities laws by acting as an unregistered broker.
The complaint further alleges that Kelly and Censoprano fabricated contracts and other documents that MAWI used to falsely characterize millions of dollars in proceeds from the sale of unregistered securities as revenue from operations. For example, MAWI's financial statements for its fiscal year 2000, ended May 31, 2000, reported $1.7 million in revenue from the sale of various website-related subsidiaries. In actuality, the sales were complete shams. MAWI's fiscal 2000 financials described another $1 million in proceeds from unregistered stock sales as "consulting revenue" when, in fact, no consulting services were provided.
In addition, the complaint charges that Kelly and Censoprano fraudulently inflated the value of the securities holdings that constituted the Company's primary assets. For fiscal 2000, MAWI falsely reported a $12.1 million "unrealized gain on marketable securities available for sale." In fact, according to the complaint, on the last day of MAWI's fiscal year Kelly and Gilak illegally manipulated the stock of VLDC Technologies, MAWI's major holding, causing the price of that stock to triple. As a result, the value of MAWI's securities holdings was materially inflated.
The Commission's complaint charges that:
MAWI, Kelly, Gilak, Eck and Medley violated the registration provisions of the federal securities laws, Sections 5(a) and 5(c) of the Securities Act of 1933 ("Securities Act");
MAWI, Kelly and Censoprano violated, and Gilak and Eck aided and abetted violations of, the antifraud provisions, Section 10(b) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 ("Exchange Act") and Rule 10b-5 thereunder;
MAWI violated, and Kelly, Censoprano, Gilak and Eck aided and abetted violations of, the reporting, books and records and internal controls provisions, Sections 13(a), 13(b)(2)(A) and 13(b)(2)(B) of the Exchange Act and Rules 12b-20, 13a-1, 13a-11 and 13a-13, thereunder;
Kelly, Censoprano, Gilak and Eck violated Section 13(b)(5) of the Exchange Act and Rule 13b2-1, concerning falsification of accounting records, and Kelly, Censoprano and Eck also violated Exchange Act Rule 13b2-2, concerning false representations to auditors;
MAWI violated the Investment Company registration requirements of Section 7(a) of the Investment Company Act of 1940; and
Medley violated the broker registration requirements of Section 15(a) of the Exchange Act.
The complaint seeks permanent injunctive relief, civil penalties, and other remedies against all defendants, and an accounting and disgorgement of ill-gotten gains from MAWI, Kelly, Gilak, Eck and Medley.
In a separate matter, the Office of the United States Attorney for the Northern District of California has announced the filing of criminal charges against certain persons relating to much of the same conduct that is the subject of the Commission's complaint.
Home | Previous Page Modified: 09/06/2001
|RecommendKeepReplyMark as Last Read|
|To: afrayem onigwecher who started this subject||8/4/2004 1:29:44 PM|
|Gayle Essary lol->3. I will be speaking on TRADING BY THE STARS at the NYC Investment Conference on March 7th at the Marriott Marquis Hotel -- 1535 Broadway (between 45th and 46th Streets). FREE ADMISSION. Reservations by calling 1-800-700-7811. Speakers include: Gayle Essary, Bill Bresnan, Ed Taxin, Jerry Wenger and George Chelekis. 184.108.40.206|
Week of March 1, 1997
1. JAPAN INC
2. MORE ON MO
3. LOOK WHOSE TALKING
4. IHI WINE CELLAR
5. ANSWER #1 TO FINANCIAL ASTROLOGY RIDDLE
1. The REAL test of my Japanese investment strategy for 1997 comes after March 11 - How well it will fare in a US down turn. And if I am wrong and the market doesn't correct in March? No problem. Sony profits doubled this year, Honda's tripled etc. and Detroit will RIGHTFULLY demand a stronger Yen. So, If I am right, I make money and if I am "wrong" (can a Leo be wrong?) I make money. 1997 TODATE: SPX 740.74 - 790.82 +6.76% The Japan Fund (JEQ) 9 1/2 - 10 1/8 +6.57% Honda (HMC) 56 5/8 - 62 1/2 +10.37% Sony (SNE) 65 5/8 -72 3/8 + 9.91%
2. While MO could reach 164, we publically forecast an initial price target of 150. However, I am too nervous in front of the Clinton market correction/crash. MY revised MO EXIT STRATEGY is TIMED for Monday 3/3, and/or a 139 stop/profit point. The start of MO trouble is possible by next weekend, not coincidentally the same time I expect TROUBLE FOR the overall market. Needless to say, we were obviously pleased by their announcement of a 3-1 split plus a share buy back this past week [forecast by us in October for February.] Our number DIJA stock pick is the NUMBER ONE performing DIJA stock. Still, they have made a BIG MISTEAK!!! They should have SPLIT THE COMPANY, NOT THE STOCK, e.g. separated the food and tobacco divisions. What could their corporate astrologer have been thinking?
3. I will be the principal news maker speaker at the IRI / NYSSA Forum at the World Trade Center on March 11, 1997 at 12:30 p.m. It is televised live by NBC PFN. Dr. Theodore Lanscheidt will be conducting a post-conference workshop on May 18 at our 5th Annual Astrology and Stock Market Conference in NYC. ABSOLUTELY New Material on Cosmic Cycle Analysis will be presented on how to forecast Stock, Commodity and Foreign Exchange Markets. DON'T MISS IT!
4. Have you seen the cover of Smart Money March 1997, they are trying to help us pick out your wine for later this year.
JUST ANOTHER "SIGN'' THAT IHI COULD BE THE STOCK OF THE DECADE!
Is your forecast for CD$30 for IHI before or after the four for one reverse stock split planned if their preferred share with three warrants @US$5.80/share closes in the fairly near future? Your answer may influence a potential decision as to when I might build my own wine cellar! ANY EXPERIENCED MARKET PLAYER KNOWS THAT SOMETIMES YOU GET A BAD FILL, BUT JUST AS OFTEN YOU GET A LUCKY BREAK. I WILL TAKE THE 1-4 AS GETTING ME MY WINE CELLAR FILLED UP 9-12 MONTHS AHEAD OF SCHEDULE. REALIZE THAT IF/WHEN IHI IS AS SUCCESSFUL AS I FORECAST, THE STOCK WILL NO DOUBT SPLIT ONCE OR TWICE. SO IN THE END, YOU WILL HAVE A WINE CELLAR. I WOULD SUGGEST YOU GET AN OPTION EXTENSION FROM YOUR BUILDER FOR AN ADDITIONAL YEAR TO PLAY IT SAFE.
Hope you are right and that your partner is wrong about IHI. But the truth is that you've been wrong on IHI for the past 2 years. You've been right at times with it, for trading, but wrong for the long haul. what's your take on the solar eclipse with this stock? Below $1.00 Canadian? Ouch. . . WOW I DON'T HEAR NO FAT LADY SINGING. THE LONG HAUL HAS NOT EVEN BEGUN. IT IS TRUE HOWEVER, I BASE MY FORECASTS MORE ON THE BERMUDA CHART THAN THE IHI CANADA CHART. AS TIME GOES ON, MORE BUSINESS WILL COME TO THIS COMPANY AND THE STARS WILL SHINE THROUGH MORE STRONGLY. BELOW $1? IF I LOSE THAT BET WITH MY PARTNER WE WILL BOTH BUY SO MUCH STOCK WE WILL BE RICH ENOUGH TO RETIRE WITHOUT THE ASTROLOGERS FUND INC OTHER NEW VENTURES.
5 Riddle: Why will take a financial astrologer to call the next market crash? Answer: SIMPLY THIS - IN THIS BULL MARKET, PRICES ARE UP. TO MOST VALUE INVESTORS - SKY HIGH... OUT OF SIGHT... IN FACT SO FAR UP THEY ARE LITERALLY OUT OF THIS WORLD. NOW WHO IS LOOKING UP AT THE SKY AND THUS BEST ABLE TO SEE THE TOP..... RIGHT ASTROLOGERS!
6. Hi Henry, I enjoy your site, very nicely laid out..... Question, Arch Crawford has made a call to go 200% short. You seem to remain bullish from what I have read here...how can you read the same information and come to separate conclusions? I AM A BULL? AM I MISCOMMUNICATING HERE OR WHAT?
Why does the Cadbury Numbers article (2/27) project Bullish sentiment when you are saying the Bear is at our door? As always, thanks for being there! CHRIS CADBURY IS A FIRST RATE MARKET TECHNICIAN WHO CHARTS PRIMARILY MONEY FLOWS AND THE OPTION PREMIUM RATIO AMONG OTHER INDICATORS. HIS TRACK RECORD IS SO GOOD IN FORECASTING SHORT TERM MARKET MOVES, IT IS HARD TO BELIEVE HE DOESN'T SECRETLY USE ASTROLOGY!
I too believe the stock market is headed for a downward correction. So I have withdrawn all my IRA funds this week. What would you recommend doing with this money (about $30K)? I know that I have 60 days to roll over to another approved IRA account.
WHY NOT STAY PUT IN CASH WHERE YOU ARE AND LET SEE WHAT MARCH/APRIL BRINGS BEFORE RUSHING ELSEWHERE?
Henry:Did you see the Forbes article on Disney and the Mickey Mouse accounting practices? I thought of your analysis. I HAVE NOTED DISNEY HAS NOT UNEXPECTEDLY RECEIVED LOTS OF POOR PRESS IN THE LAST TWO WEEKS. THEY BADLY NEED A GOOD CORPORATE ASTROLOGER TO GIVE THEM A MORE COHERENT STRATEGIC FOCUS.
There is a major flaw in all the theories that I have read on this page. You are all looking at just a few stellar entities, and a few aspects. None speak of the angles of approach and separation that they are using. That is why each one produces a different result. The best and most logical way is to look at all the stellar entities and aspects, and work out the net force at any one period. In practice I find that most cancel each other out, and the result is clear. In my pages that I update everyday on members.aol.com. A summary of the strongest hard and soft aspects are shown for each hour of UK and US trading. The correlation is beautiful. See for yourself. There is very little of me or personal subjectivity in here. The Stellar entities and lunar aspects speak for themselves. I hope that you all consider this approach. MY APPROACH IS BUILT UPON MORE THAN A FEW ASPECTS - THIS IS A GENERAL NEWSLETTER. I GO THROUGH 5-10 HOROSCOPES FOR EVEN A MINOR PREDICTION AND REAMS FOR MAJOR ONES. HOWEVER, GLAD YOUR WEB SITE IS NOW PUBLIC AND WE HAVE LINKED IT TO OUR WEB PAGE AND WISH YOU THE VERY BEST.
Week of Feb 22, 1997
1. PHILIP MORRIS
2. WHAT OTHER FINANCIAL ASTROLOGERS ARE SAYING
3. MORE CONFERENCES
4. FINANCIAL ASTROLOGY RIDDLE
1. Next to Japan INC, MO has been our strongest buy for first Qtr 97. However, WE MAY CLOSE OUT OR TIGHTLY STOP/PROTECT PROFITS ON MO SHORTLY, EVEN THOUGH MY ORIGINAL TARGET WAS 150+. Why? My mother called me Wednesday to ask about selling her MO holdings!!!! A long term investor, not a trader like son, I don't think she was concerned two days in advance that theTexas Attorney General Dan Morales story alleging Philip Morris destroyed incriminating documents on the health effects of smoking would hit the newswires today. Then again, she DID sell ALL her stock one week before the 1987 crash AND the March 8th eclipse is coming....and Philip Morris has a POOR horoscope for April (a DOWN month anyway), so you will easily understand my new found caution.
2. GREG MEADORS (Market Systems Newsletter: firstname.lastname@example.org) "We now expect a major top Ideally on February 14, 1997. The Market should start a corrective phase at this time....Therefore we now recommend taking profits on mutual fund and all stock positions.
ARCH CRAWFORD (Crawford Perspectives 212-744-6973) has for some time been predicting that the Bull Market will END mid-February (13-19) coinciding with a major planetary configuration taking place over that period, making that time frame comparable to the "harmonic Convergence" which topped the market on August 14, 1987 prior to the market CRASH of that year.
Henry Weingarten (ASTROLOGERS FUND www.afund.com) states that Tech Stocks will peak within a lunar cycle of the Jupiter/Uranus conjunction (2/15) and the the current bull market will be "over" or in corrective phase by March 11.
3. I will be speaking on TRADING BY THE STARS at the NYC Investment Conference on March 7th at the Marriott Marquis Hotel -- 1535 Broadway (between 45th and 46th Streets). FREE ADMISSION. Reservations by calling 1-800-700-7811. Speakers include: Gayle Essary, Bill Bresnan, Ed Taxin, Jerry Wenger and George Chelekis.
I will be doing an on-line STOCK TALK conference on the web on International Astrology Day (SPRING EQUINOX) 9 PM EST March 20. You can get details and register from halcyon.com
4 Riddle: Why will take a financial astrologer to predict the next market crash? Answer next week!
5. Regarding your incorporation[of the Astrologers Fund Global Opportunities] Did you pick the time and place and then incorporate at the moment that fit your criteria best OR was it strictly the way it worked out...?!? I've always kind a been curious about that as it seems that for a particular moment and place to be a reliable and valid starting point it would have to be a totally natural occurrence. I've had some friends that were into astrology and they used to start new enterprises only when "things" were right -- and mostly the ventures failed. It seems that the important point in the universe would/should be that time and place when the concept/venture actually was conceived or at the moment when all the pieces came together rather than picking your spot. I do a little with numbers and it always seems that the totally natural occurring ones work out most "naturally" as opposed to when I try to make them fit.
YES I PICKED THE EXACT TIME FOR THE INCORPORATION OF THE ASTROLOGERS FUND GLOBAL OPPORTUNITY HEDGE FUNDS. WHY YOUR FRIENDS VENTURES MOSTLY FAIL IS MOST LIKELY BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT PAYING ENOUGH ATTENTION TO THE NON-ASTROLOGICAL FACTORS NEEDED FOR SUCCESS: MANAGEMENT SKILLS, ADEQUATE FINANCIAL RESOURCES, QUALITY PRODUCT OR SERVICE, MARKETING, ETC. IN ADDING TO TIMING.
>7000 DIJA 2/13/97 12:45pm EST 28 Gemini Rising. GAZARELLI/ WEINGARTEN BREAKOUT. As to the intermediate term trend, we expect to be smiling before the IDES of March as we have repeatedly forecast. I understand nothing is precise in this game, whatever tools one uses. However, why do you effectively disagree with Arch Crawford and his well documented forecast. I'm not suggesting he will be right, he was well off the mark last year and I suppose I'm not saying you will be right....but if you are both using the same platform, how can you dismiss this week's apparent astrological significance....5 planets, major alignments etc. After all in 87 the high was around this type of mundane formation and the panic a result of the October 87 LUNAR eclipse, with arguably Mars the trigger. The possibility exists, does it not, that a high coming in around here, would suggest a panic around your date....So I guess I can't figure out the basis on which you have dismissed this week as you haven't really entertained the idea of a high this week. With High Energy
ARCH AND I DON'T LOOK EXACTLY AT THE SAME INFO, I FOR ONE, FORESAW PHILLIP MORRIS GOING TO AS MUCH AS 150 FIRST QTR 97 AS I FORECAST IN OCTOBER. THIS PAST WEEK COULD BE THE TOP FOR THE BROAD MARKET , BUT NOT NECESSARY FOR THE DIJA. OF MY FIVE BIG SHORT POSITIONS, IBM AND NCR BOTH SAW THEIR 1997 TOP (I BELIEVE) CIRCA OUR 1/23 GAZARELLI/WEINGARTEN LINE, MSFT SHORTLY THEREAFTER. ONLY DIS AND GE MAY HAVE TOPPED WITH ARCH'S TIMING. FURTHERMORE, IF ARCH IF RIGHT, THIS DOES NOT MEAN I AM WRONG, AS A TOP CAN BE IN PLACE FOR MY CALL OR NOT. I AM SHORT BIG TIME AND WILL CONTINUE TO ADD SELECTIVELY INTO MARCH -- SO IF ARCH IS RIGHT, I WILL MAKE MONEY AND IF ARCH IS WRONG (IN THIS CASE) I WILL STILL MAKE MONEY. EITHER WAY HIS CALL IS NOTEWORTHY.
<< Question: What price level do you see for Disney by 4/1/97? >>
I DON'T RECOMMEND COVERING OUR SHORT POSITION UNTIL 45 AT WHICH POINT I WILL TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN AS DISNEY HAS A GOOD HOROSCOPE FOR MUCH OF 1998. HOWEVER I INTEND TO REVIEW IT ON 6/30/97 OR DIJA 5222, WHICHEVER COMES FIRST.
Henry, give us a break and tell WHY the eclipse is so bad for Disney. Because it's opposing n. Mars/Neptune? What else? Must be lots else. YES INDEED. MICKEY MOUSE EARNINGS COMING, AND ANALYST FORECASTS HAVE BEEN GOOFY TODATE :)
AURA BEST, HENRY
Week of Feb 15, 1997
1. 7000 DIJA
2. ASTROLOGERS FUND GLOBAL OPPORTUNITY
3. ASTROLOGERS FUND IN THE NEWS
1. 7000 DIJA 2/13/97 12:45pm EST 28 Gemini Rising. GAZARELLI/ WEINGARTEN BREAKOUT. As to the intermediate term trend, we expect to be smiling before the IDES of March as we have repeatedly forecast.
2. The Astrologers Fund Global Opportunity was incorporated at Noon Dover Delaware, February 12, 1997. Remember on that day the Mercury (Stock) Jupiter (Big) Uranus (Quick) conjunction resulted in a 100+ point up DIJA move. We aim to transpose that symbolism to our hedge fund limited partners pocketbooks!
3. We will be interviewed this Sunday on MSNBC-FN at 2pm EST. Please tune in. This past week we also filmed for ANTENA 3, SPANISH Television and were briefly quoted on 2/12/97 in MONEY Magazine Moneywatch which you can read at pathfinder.com.
4. Our marketing group has obtained a few passes for our clients and prospective clients to visit me at the Orlando Sound Money Show March 12-16. If you would like a free pass (normally $99), please call 1-800-346-0092 this month and mention Henry Weingarten of the Astrologers Fund. The SUB THEME of our 5th Astrology and Stock Market Conference May 16, 17 in NYC is "COMING OUT OF THE CLOSET" Any money managers, brokers, traders or analysts who regularly use astrological input in their work and are willing to tell it to press, may be eligible for complimentary admission. Email me for details. BTW my new financial partner finally will be one such story.
5. I've been around for a while and I know that where you once thought resistance when you breakthrough that becomes support... Does Astrology forecasting work the same way? When you are looking for resistance and you find a strong rally do you use that area as support and project from that moment in time on...? Is this a real momentum rally or what? When I first started with E.F Hutton they used to say "If you can't breathe under water don't stand in front of a flood with a straw...Marooned In Real time WE SOMETIMES CHART TIMES OF TOPS AND BOTTOMS IN SUCH A WAY. FOR EXAMPLE THE MOMENT THE DIJA BROKE 7000 SUGGESTED A TOP IS DUE IN LESS THAN 2 MONTHS. At long last.....
You had recommended purchasing a "Japan Fund" in 1997. Also selling Disney. Which Japan Fund do you recommend, and still dump Disney by March? I appreciate your clarification and look forward to investing in one of your funds. YES AS WE SAID IN OCTOBER, DISNEY'S TROUBLE TIMES ARE DECEMBER, MARCH AND MAY. THIS IS ONE OF MY VERY FAVORITE MARKET SHORTS AND MAY EVEN TRIGGER MUCH BROAD MARKET SELLING IN MARCH (REMEMBER UAL AND OCTOBER 1987?) . AS TO JAPAN, WE LOVE SONY, AND IDEALLY ANY FUND THAT IS NOT HEDGED AGAINST THE YEN. WE HAVE BEEN TRACKING JAPAN EQUITY FUND-JEQ. Thank you. I enjoy reading your email messages every week. Henry, from your most recent mail on IHI I am concerned your wife may have stopped building that wine cellar you had mentioned Would that be the case? << MY WIFE BELIEVES IN USING OUTSIDE CONTRACTORS-NO SHE HAS HASN'T CANCELLED ANY CONTRACTS YET.
Henry Question-Are you still building a wine cellar for the profits of IHI. At this rate your holders of this stock may be doing a WHINE of their own. So Henry, " What's the story?" >> SEE LATEST POSITIVE NEWS FROM CANADA'S PROVINCE MONEY FEBRUARY 14,1997: "It almost sounds too good to be true.....It will be interesting to see who steps up to the plate when we start accepting orders in April"- I AGREE, AND I BELIEVE ALSO VERY PROFITABLE FOR LONG TERM INVESTORS SUCH AS HENRY WEINGARTEN, FAMILY, FRIENDS, CLIENTS, ETC.
AURA BEST, HENRY
Week of Feb 8, 1997
3. KEY GAZARELLI/WEINGARTEN TEST NEXT WEEK
4. THE TRUE VALUE OF FINANCIAL ASTROLOGY
1. The planets in Astrology represent FUNCTIONS or ENERGIES. Previously I gave one potential expression of the recent Jupiter/Neptune conjunction: UNREAL (NEPTUNE) GREED (JUPITER). However, Human reaction to planetary energies is NEVER one-dimensional and involves Choices. Note the recent emphasis on Greater (Jupiter) IDEALISM (Neptune) as evidenced by the upcoming Philadelphia volunteer summit. Can't wait or can't make it? Visit two new hot links on our web site: IMPACT ONLINE: VOLUNTEER AMERICA impactonline.org and. ACCESS CIVIC INVOLVEMENT accesspt.com.
2. I have several times forecast that many High Techs Stocks will make their 1997 Peak close to the JUPITER/URANUS CONJUNCTION February 15. This includes Intel and Microsoft.
3. NEXT WEEK THE GAZARELLI/WEINGARTEN PRICE LEVEL WILL HOLD OR BE BROKEN I.E. BECOME A TEMPORARY FLOOR FOR THE FINAL LEG OF THIS BULL MARKET, OR FOR A TIME AN IN PENETRABLE CEILING.
4. The beginning of last week I received a long distance phone call from a "large investor" who was planning a major investment in South Africa or Brazil and wanted my opinion as to which would be more profitable. Being busy at the time, I said my fees were VERY high, but suggested someone from my office, a specialist in locational astrology and who charges only $195-$250 for this type of work. He responded: " Oh THAT much, I thought the cost was $10." WELL I GUESS FINANCIAL ASTROLOGY HAS NOT YET COME OF AGE!
5. I had been waiting almost more than a year in Novell (NOVEL) to get in for a good ride.(date of Inc. 01/25/1983). Lately it has confirmed the up move. Jupiter, Uranus, Venus and Mercury will pass over Sun of Incorporation date by mid- February-- I expect an explosive rise, again this depends on the market conditions. WELL WE THINK NOVELL IS UNDERVALUED AND HAS BEEN PERFORMING WELL IN 1997 AS YOU MENTION. THIS IS ONE I WOULD NOT SELL IN FEBRUARY, BUT HOLD AS UNDERVALUED.
You say that the investor's own natal chart has much relevance when investing and is important in determining the timing of investments. Do you offer this as a service for a fee? If you don't, can you recommend other astrologers who offer this service? CURRENTLY MY WORK IS MORE AS CORPORATE ASTROLOGER AND THEREFORE TOO EXPENSIVE FOR THE AVERAGE INVESTOR. [HOWEVER, IF PRICE IS NO OBJECT, I COULD BE YOUR MAN :)] I AM LOATHE TO RECOMMEND, AS THERE ARE NO STANDARDS (YET) FOR THIS EXPERTISE. YOUR LOCAL PROFESSIONAL ASTROLOGER CAN BE OF ASSISTANCE, JUST TREAD CAREFULLY.
<< I am new to your site so I have not seen you mention anything about the Metals. Is it you do not invest in this area? Or not interested? >> I DO, BUT WHERE IS THE ACTION THESE DAYS? WE ARE SIDELINED WITH A FAIR AMOUNT IN HAND BUT CERTAINLY NOT DESIRING TO ADD TO OUR POSITIONS AT THIS POINT. WE PLAN TO SEND OUT A GOLD REPORT AFTER MARCH 11 FOR OBVIOUS REASONS.
> Remember my call for a 795 top for the cash S&P 500? The actual high was > 794.67! Will be buying my puts after the FOMC meeting. This week look > like a double top on the dow and s&p. >> > SINCE WE ARE SO HEAVILY SHORT IBM YOU UNDERSTAND WHY WE ARE IN EARLIER. > IN MY SYSTEM IF I FORECAST 795 AND IT REACHED 794.67 I WOULD EXPECT A MOVE BACK UP TO 795 BEFORE RETREATING, SAME IN YOURS? << went short again on 7 Feb. GMTA
AURA BEST, HENRY
To unsubscribe to our mailings, type UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field and send to AFUND@aol.com.
PAST WALL STREET NEXT WEEK REPORTS
The Astrologers Fund "Always a Stellar Performance" afund.com Afund@aol.com 212/949-7275 Fax 212/949-7274
350 Lexington Avenue, 4th Floor New York, N.Y. 10016-0909
Author: INVESTING BY THE STARS McGraw Hill, TRADING BY THE STARS (97) May 16-18, 1997 Fifth Annual Astrology & Stock Market Conference NYC "Can you afford NOT to have Financial Astrology in your future?"
DISCLAIMER: PAST RESULTS ARE NOT NECESSARILY INDICATIVE OF FUTURE FORECASTING ACCURACY OR PROFITABLE TRADING RESULTS. The Astrologers Fund Accepts No Liability Whatsoever For Any Loss Arising >From Any Use Of Its Report Or It's Contents. The Astrologers Fund Or Its Clients Usually Holds Positions In The Stocks and/or Market Instruments Mentioned And May Buy Or Sell At Any Time Without Notice. This Information Is In No Way A Representation To Buy Or Sell Securities, Bonds, Options Or Futures. ALWAYS CHECK WITH YOUR LICENSED FINANCIAL PLANNER OR BROKER BEFORE BUYING OR SELLING ON THE RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE ASTROLOGERS FUND.
|RecommendKeepReplyMark as Last Read|
|To: afrayem onigwecher who started this subject||8/4/2004 2:24:29 PM|
|GAYLE ESSARY IN THE NEWS|
May 24, 2001
Web firm dispute reopens news hoax concerns
By Daniel Sorid
NEW YORK, May 24 (Reuters) - Business Wire, one of the largest distributors of corporate announcements, has been snagged by a bitter internal conflict at a tiny New York technology company in a dispute that rings of the press release hoax last year involving Emulex Corp.
On Monday, San Francisco-based Business Wire published a statement from Streamedia Communications Inc., whose stock is traded on the Nasdaq for just 23 cents, declaring the ``expiration'' of its chief executive's term and the return of its one-time chairman.
Business Wire published a second release on Wednesday from the company, a Web services provider, claiming the first release had been unauthorized and contained ``significant misrepresentations of important facts'' concerning Streamedia.
The first release was authorized by Streamedia's former chairman, Gayle Essary, and the second by the chief executive, Henry Siegel.
On March 12, Streamedia released a statement that said its board had terminated Essary as director and vice president of the company, effective March 9, ending his involvement with Streamedia.
Business Wire President Larry Lokey said it has now banned the company from its service until the power struggle between Essary and Siegel has been settled. It is also investigating the matter, Lokey said.
But the fact that two contradictory releases from the same source remain on the record has troubled some experts on the media.
``It sounds like there should have been a lot more security at that level,'' Sreenath Sreenivasan, a professor of new media at the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, said. ``You expect it to be true if it's on a press release.''
Meanwhile, Lokey said Business Wire has policies in place to keep illegitimate releases off its wire, but that it cannot, ultimately, be held responsible for the absolute veracity of each release.
``We provide the rough news,'' he said. ``The news media then receive it and then they verify it.''
But even a single false press release can have brutal consequences, as the Emulex scandal showed.
In August of last year, a 23-year-old college student staged one of the largest Internet financial hoaxes by issuing a false press release over Internet Wire, a minor player in the distribution of media releases.
The stock of Emulex, a technology company traded on the Nasdaq, tanked after the release was picked up by several news wires, and many investors took major losses as a result. The student, Mark Simeon Jakob, netted hundreds of thousands of dollars in profits.
The student pleaded guilty to manipulating the stock in December.
But the scandal led to questioning about the validity of the system of issuing press releases through third parties. News wire services and other media outlets rely on press releases as a major source of news, and investors regularly buy and sell stock based on a media release's statement.
In the Streamedia dispute, the Monday press release from the company stated that Essary ``has returned'' to facilitate an ongoing merger ``following the expiration of the term of Interim President/CEO Henry Siegel.'' That press release was written by Essary.
Siegel, who in a recent company filing to U.S. regulators was listed as the CEO, said Essary lacked any authority to speak for the company in a press release. Essary, in an interview, said he was authorized to issue the release.
Business Wire's Lokey summed it up this way: ``It's the 'he said, she said' type of thing. We are a middle man carrier.''
sree.net > quotes > Reuters on hoax
|RecommendKeepReplyMark as Last Read|
|To: afrayem onigwecher who started this subject||8/4/2004 2:48:23 PM|
|Streamedia Co-Founders, Via Investment Entities and Trusts, Provide Financing|
Business Wire, Jan 5, 2001
Business & High Tech Editors
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--January 5, 2001
Streamedia Communications, Inc. (TM) (NASDAQ: SMIL, SMILW; BOS: STA, STAW), New York (www.streamedia.net) and Los Angeles (www.bijoucafe.com), a U.S.-based streaming media services company and global broadband technology provider for rich media content, today announced that its co-founders, Gayle Essary, Chairman, and James D. Rupp, a Director, in concert with their respective investment companies, ESCO Capital Management Co., Austin, TX, and Web2Ventures, Ltd., Hasbrouk Heights, NJ, have sold 250,000 combined shares in order to provide the company with an interim round of financing.
The co-founders took this action to provide interim working capital for the company until additional filings can be completed. The broker was instructed to sell the shares after the markets had closed.
Neither Essary nor Rupp nor any of their related companies or entities will receive any of the proceeds of the sale, which are being passed on to the company interest free, according to Henry Siegel, President and CEO. "The company owes Mr. Essary and Mr. Rupp a debt of gratitude for stepping up to assist in this interim period." He said the company will issue new shares to the two co-founders to replace the shares sold.
Additional shares from the principals, as well as from the ESCO Trusts and their principals, may be similarly registered during the interim period. All such shares will be sold in a similar manner, and all proceeds from all shares utilized in this fashion will be provided directly to the company.
Streamedia Communications, Inc. (TM) (NASDAQ: SMIL, SMILW; BOS: STA, STAW), located at www.streamedia.net, is a dynamic broadband services company that redefines how businesses communicate utilizing the power of the Internet and streaming media. As part of its overall streaming solution, Streamedia conceptualizes and designs its clients' IT infrastructure to optimize their streaming strategy as well as provide web design, application development, third-party technology integration, encoding and hosting services. The Company has recently signed a Letter of Intent to acquire a strategic interest in Nomad General Corp., A.G., Zurich (www.nomad.ch), with a warrant to acquire the entire company."
Additionally, the acquisition of the celebrated Bijou Cafe (www.bijoucafe.com), touted as a world-class showcase for independent films, has advanced Streamedia.Net's presence in the critical online, and offline, film distribution industry. The company has been referenced by U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray, whose analysts concluded that "streaming media is the next macro growth driver on the Internet ... the Internet of tomorrow (two to five years) will resemble television of today in terms of audio and video quality, while enabling users to control the media viewing experience." The research report is located at: gotoanalysts.com.
ABOUT ESCO CAPITAL:
ESCO Capital Management Company, Austin, Los Angeles and New York, (www.escocapital.com) is a private investment and management firm with diverse interests and a concentration on new media. The company participates either directly or via its principal or the ESCO Trusts. Todd Essary and Lisa Westfall, Austin, are Co-Managing Directors of the ESCO Trusts. Essary, the principal of ESCO, also serves as Chairman of the Board for Streamedia Communications, Inc. (www.streamedia.net), President of the non-profit Streaming Media Alliance, Inc. (www.streamingmedialliance.org) and Executive Chairman of Investrend Communications, Inc. (www.investrend.com). Certain statements contained herein are "forward-looking" statements (as such term is defined in the Private Securities Reform Act of 1995). Because such statements include risks and uncertainties, actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements.
Factors that could cause or contribute to such differences include continued acceptance of the Company's products in the marketplace, the timing of significant orders, delays in the Company's ability to develop or ship new products, market acceptance of new products, competitive factors, general economic conditions, currency fluctuations, and other risks detailed in the Company's registration statements and periodic reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
By making these forward-looking statements, the Company undertakes no obligation to update these statements for revisions or changes after the date of this release.
COPYRIGHT 2001 Business Wire
COPYRIGHT 2001 Gale Group
|RecommendKeepReplyMark as Last Read|
|To: afrayem onigwecher who started this subject||8/4/2004 2:53:23 PM|
|HO HO HO L0LOL->"Gayle Essary, Investrend president, announced that John M. Dutton, professional securities analyst qualified in the PAR program, published his Quarterly Update PAR coverage of Starnet Communications (OTCBB: SNMM) on August 12, 1999. Mr. Dutton has reconfirmed his BUY recommendation. His 12 month price target is $30 - $35."|
PAR Analyst Announces Investment Opinion On Starnet Communications
Business Wire, August 12, 1999
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 12, 1999--
Public Analysis & Review (PAR) is the unique professional independent analyst program administered by the non-profit Investors Research Institute, Inc. PAR research is distributed by Investrend Research. Gayle Essary, Investrend president, announced that John M. Dutton, professional securities analyst qualified in the PAR program, published his Quarterly Update PAR coverage of Starnet Communications (OTCBB: SNMM) on August 12, 1999. Mr. Dutton has reconfirmed his BUY recommendation. His 12 month price target is $30 - $35. Mr. Dutton will continue to follow Starnet Communications and issue Quarterly Update Reports. Mr. Essary noted that Investrend Research will be releasing shortly the previously announced Quarterly Update of MedCare Technologies (NASDAQ:MCAR). Initial Research Reports were recently issued on Vasogen Inc. (OTCBB:VSOGF) and M&A West (OTCBB:MAWI).
A summary of the Starnet Communications report follows. The entire report including disclaimers can be downloaded from the Investrend Website at www.investrend.com/research/snmmupdate1.html.
Please read the disclaimers posted on the Investrend site before investing.
We reaffirm our strong BUY recommendation. The reasons for the continuation of this recommendation are as follows.
1. The stock price of SNMM is down over 50% since its recent high of $29. We believe this decline is the result of side bar events coupled with nervous investors. The stock is presently at attractive levels.
2. Management is on course in executing its business strategy to become the dominant factor in most major phases of internet gaming. A current market share of 35% - 40% of all internet gaming sites belong to Starnet and its licensees. Present estimates are that only 10% of potential internet gaming customers use the internet to gamble.
3. Like most highly successful internet companies, Starnet is a dominant factor in its industry in both marketing and technology. It endeavors to pick franchisees capable of aggressive marketing to build a customer base. It exchanges a low initial license fee for an average 25% of their net revenues as an on-going license fee. It becomes their partner. However, unlike most top Internet companies, Starnet has escalating earnings and EBITDA.
4. At current prices, the stock sells at a P/E of 28x current year EPS estimate of $.47, and 11.8x the $1.13 estimate for next year. In fiscal 2001 and 2002, SNMM should obtain the earnings benefits from the high margins flowing from a large licensee base. Given a reasonable market 12 months hence, we expect SNMM to trade at 30x - 40x the $1.13 fiscal 2000 forecast of EPS, supported by a valuation of 25x to 30x EBITDA.
We further note the following:
For the year ending April 30, 1999, sales increased $6.4 million to $9.8 million, of which gaming accounted for $6 million of the increase and on-line interactive (adult) the balance of $0.4 million. EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) expanded $3.6 million to $3.4 million from a negative ($0.234) million in 1998. Sales of gaming licenses to new operators totaled 36 in 1999 and 1 in the initial year of 1998. Recognized revenues from initial license sales in 1999 were $1.6 million. Revenues from on-going license fees from the 15 operating licensees of 20 completed sites totaled $3.5 million. Starnet's own casino (World Gaming Services) and its transaction service fees (EFT credit card processing) contributed revenues of $1.1 million. Total gaming revenues were $6.2 million. There were no significant comparable revenues in 1998.
In May 1999, 11 new licenses were sold bringing the total sold to 47 as of June 1. As of 2000 Q1 end, we estimate there were 25 operating licensors. Management has stated that it believes approximately 3-4 new licenses can be sold monthly for fiscal 2000 and 2001. Our earnings model assumes lower franchisee additions. Revenues from on-going licensee fees are a majority of StarnetAEs gaming revenues. In the current 2000 fiscal year, we expect initial license fees of $4.7 million and reoccurring license fees of $33.1 million. Revenues from World Gaming and transaction service fees should exceed $2.0 million. Total gaming revenues should total $39.8 million.
Finally, SNMM shares should be accepted for listing on the NMS of NASDAQ within 60 days. This listing coupled with the absence of the adult segment whose sale should be announced shortly, should broaden the stock's appeal to the institutional market place. With capital presently being raised, we expect shareholder's equity to exceed $50 million at year end, up from $9.4 million.
Mr. Dutton is the par supervisory analyst. He is a member of both the Boston and Los Angeles Security Analyst Societies, and has been an analyst and director of research at several firms including Moseley, Hallgarten, Estabrook & Weedon and LH Friend, Weinress, Frankson & Presson. He was president of Corsair Asset Management, an asset management firm, for over 11 years. For seven years, he was Executive Vice President of the international hospital company American Medical International. Mr. Dutton's past work includes development and execution of strategic and financial planning for small cap companies. Mr. Dutton presently is charged with expanding the PAR program.
For Further Information, please contact:
Starnet Communications, Inc., 425 Carrall Street, MezzanineLevel, Vancouver, B.C. V6B 6E3, Canada, Mr. Robert Grace, Investor Relations Phone 604-608-6035, Fax 604-684-0391 Email: mailto:email@example.com, website www.starnet.ca Investrend Research, John M. Dutton, President 801 S. Figueroa, Suite 1100, Los Angeles, CA 90017 Phone (213) 630-4401 Fax (213) 623-4590 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org web site: www.investrend.com.
COPYRIGHT 1999 Business Wire
COPYRIGHT 2000 Gale Group
|RecommendKeepReplyMark as Last Read|
|To: afrayem onigwecher who started this subject||8/4/2004 2:58:54 PM|
|Investors Research Institute, Inc.|
P.O. 750471, Forest Hills, NY 11375-0471
Telephone 212-484-4747, Fax 718-523-2137
April 17, 1998
Via E-mail: email@example.com
Jonathan G. Katz,
SecretarySecurities and Exchange Commission
Mail Stop 6-9
450 Fifth Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20549
Re: File Number S7-2-98
On February 17, 1998 the Commission published certain proposed
amendments to Form S-8 and related rules and solicited public comments.
Release No. 33-7506.
The purpose of these comments is to address certain practical
aspects and applications of the S-8 Rulemaking process.
First, the non-profit Institute, whose missions advocated on behalf
of its small but diverse Membership include high standards for "disclosure"
and "accessibility" of information about public equities to public
shareholders and potential shareholders, was established during an
environment in which there has been insufficient guidelines for disclosure
of dilutive events, and far too many abuses of the S-8 rule whereby shares
appear to have been issued in many instances in amounts which far exceed the
monetary value of the services rendered to the issuer.
The Institute applauds the Commissioners for revisiting these
guidelines for the purpose of curing these inefficiencies of the present
rule. Public companies which enroll as Members of the Institute already
must agree to voluntarily adhere to such higher standards. Of course, the
Institute has no enforcement power nor staff to monitor abuses. It is
limited to the withdrawal of Membership privileges should a Member or the
public bring an abuse or instance of non-compliance with its standards to
its attention. And unfortunately, the investing public does not presently
have a commitment re: these "best practices in investor relations" standards
from the vast majority of public companies which have not to date adopted
the Institute's standards.
However, we would propose that the Commission move cautiously so as
not to "throw out the baby with the bath water."
More specifically, we are talking about the huge disparity between
the financial and resource-rich "blue chip" companies and the financial and
resource-poor "small capitalization" and "micro-cap" companies. In the
former instance, such companies often have entire departments devoted to
development and distributions of company information to investors and
potential investors. In the latter instance, some companies have no
assigned staff whatsoever for this purpose, and it remains in the best
interests of investors and potential investors for there to be a means by
which such companies and their investors to achieve a level of information
parity with their larger-capitalization peers.
It does not serve the investing public if such companies are left
without the necessary resources to pay for quality opportunities to present,
achieve professional scrutiny and distribute information in a timely and
We would argue that the rule here should be on what is reasonable
and proper in terms of compensation guidelines, what is reasonable and
proper in terms of investor relations activities, and what is reasonable and
proper in terms of disclosure as to whether products, services and resources
are paid through equity distributions where the investor's holdings are
diluted or are paid through operational expenditures where the investor's
holdings may be impacted by lesser profit margins.
It should be up to the management of the company to decide which of
these means to inform investors is in the best interests of the
shareholders, as the shareholders have remedies should management
subsequently make an inefficient choice.
Where the shareholder and investor needs protection is in the
issuance of stock for exhorbitant fees and compensation or to directly or
indirectly enrich insiders.
We would also ask the Commission to distinguish between
"promotional" activities by a Company which coincide with stock trading by
recipients of S-8 stock, perhaps putting limits on sales of stock during
periods that the recipients are in the process of aggressively distributing
information, and the strictly "informational" activities where services
designed to enhance exposure and investor scrutiny, such as conferences,
exhibitions, reviews and other means where the investor public has an
opportunity for dialogue and interaction with company executives is the
primary usage of S-8 distributions.
Also, a company may have legitimate purposes for S-8 distributions
to suppliers of non-investment related products and services, and the
Commission may wish to survey small capitalization public companies to
determine whether undue restrictions on the usage of such stock not
considering the appropriateness or comparative valuation of the products and
services received for operational purposes or for professional services,
such as legal, etc., may in some instances disserve the shareholder by
undermining the ongoing financial solvency of borderline entrepreneurial
enterprises in which members of the public have acquired an equity stake.
Thank you for your consideration, and we hope that we have given you
additional insights to assist you in your final determination on this matter.
Investors Research Institute, Inc.
|RecommendKeepReplyMark as Last Read|
|To: afrayem onigwecher who started this subject||8/4/2004 3:18:49 PM|
|Investrend Needs Designer + Webmaster or all-in-one! in NYC |
Financial website (www.investrend.com) gearing up to be portal for public company profiles, data, research and official announcements. Needs profile search engine, news data feed, dynamic broadcast sub-portal,
PublicAccess [tm] interactive system, self-posting for enrolled public companies, live quotes and research charts (some of this already developed but requiring integration). Willing to separate design from webmastering, but prefer both, and some financial editorial background would be a definite plus. In fact. for right person, this could be a Divisional VP or President position, with stock and options (company filing Form 10, public offering already completed). Can be part-time, no office work locale needed. Contact Gayle Essary at 212-484-4747, fax 508-526-5696 or write firstname.lastname@example.org .
|RecommendKeepReplyMark as Last Read|