We've detected that you're using an ad content blocking browser plug-in or feature. Ads provide a critical source of revenue to the continued operation of Silicon Investor. We ask that you disable ad blocking while on Silicon
Investor in the best interests of our community. If you are not using an ad blocker but are still receiving this message, make sure your browser's tracking protection is set to the 'standard' level.
tyco is getting a bargain as they say fair value is 1 times sales. and siga is priced at .5 times sales, not including the fact that their sales were growing. but it is apparent that the pcb industry overall is in a slowdown. i presently do not own any siga but have in the past and like the company. wish i would have bought at 3 instead of chickening out. good luck.
Good article in this weeks FORBES about TYCO. From the sound of the article, I wouldn't think that management could make any long term deals. Based on what I think about the management, they will be gone shortly. I bet they are trying to get as much as possible up front.
Any danger in holding out for the full $10.50 as opposed to trading out now (at $10 1/4)?
It seems the market does not expect any further bids for SIGA, suggested by SIGAs price ($10.25) relative to the cash tender ($10.50). If companies are "in-play" the stock usually trades at a premium to the first cash tender offer.
I'm waiting for $10.50. It's 2.4% more and there'll be no transaction charges. There is a possibility that auditors will find something that squelches the deal, but that is more of a risk in high flying companies that were compelled to show large increases each quarter.