|From: Tom Clarke||12/4/2010 8:01:59 AM|
* Beethoven began to go deaf in his thirties. By the time he wrote his Ninth Symphony, he was completely deaf.
* He always had sixty beans in every cup of coffee. That's very strong coffee!
* Beethoven described the piano as "the god of all instruments" and wrote more for piano than for any other instrument.
* If people in the audience would not stop talking, he would get mad and stop playing.
* He was one of the first composers to work on his own instead of working for the church or for a noble court.
* He once threw a plate of food at a waiter's head because he wasn't happy with the service.
* When he conducted the first performance of his Ninth Symphony, he could not hear the audience clapping. Two musicians had to turn him around so he could see them.
* Once his hair and clothes were so messy the police thought he was a tramp and arrested him because they didn't know who he was.
* In 40 years he moved more than 70 times!
* His favorite foods were macaroni and cheese, fish and potatoes, and bread pudding.
* He died on March 26, 1827.
|RecommendKeepReplyMark as Last Read|