SI
SI
discoversearch

We've detected that you're using an ad content blocking browser plug-in or feature. Ads provide a critical source of revenue to the continued operation of Silicon Investor.  We ask that you disable ad blocking while on Silicon Investor in the best interests of our community.  If you are not using an ad blocker but are still receiving this message, make sure your browser's tracking protection is set to the 'standard' level.
Non-Tech : UAN - The variable distribution MLP that could go a long way
UAN 77.00-1.7%Jun 14 4:00 PM EDT

 Public ReplyPrvt ReplyMark as Last ReadFilePrevious 10Next 10PreviousNext  
To: RJCogburn64 who wrote (809)3/19/2024 8:26:20 AM
From: Elroy   of 811
 
If Icahn gets control of 80% of CVR he then has the ability to force the remaining 20% to sell to him for the then market price.

Icahn owns about 38% currently, so he's got a way to go.

With MLPs, does anyone know whether insiders (ie, Icahn) need to file with the SEC when the change their holdings? If Icahn starts filing purchases of UAN, I'd expect the share price to rocket higher. But if he actually gets to 80%, it would plunge (I think).

Anyways, good to have something to light a fire under this one. I've sold most of mine, but still have a few shares/units lingering around in my Roth.
Report TOU ViolationShare This Post
 Public ReplyPrvt ReplyMark as Last ReadFilePrevious 10Next 10PreviousNext