SI
SI
discoversearch

We've detected that you're using an ad content blocking browser plug-in or feature. Ads provide a critical source of revenue to the continued operation of Silicon Investor.  We ask that you disable ad blocking while on Silicon Investor in the best interests of our community.  If you are not using an ad blocker but are still receiving this message, make sure your browser's tracking protection is set to the 'standard' level.
Technology Stocks : Alibaba Group Holding Limited
BABA 111.96-8.2%Dec 3 4:00 PM EST

 Public ReplyPrvt ReplyMark as Last ReadFilePrevious 10Next 10PreviousNext  
From: Sr K10/26/2020 11:29:29 AM
  Read Replies (1) of 794
 
From the WSJ story on Ant.

Ant has already finished selling shares in Shanghai, with 80% of the offering going to so-called strategic investors, who will commit to hold the shares for at least 12 or 24 months. That proportion is a record for the STAR Market. Investors seeking to buy the remaining 20% of shares in Shanghai placed orders exceeding the stock on offer by more than 284 times, according to its filing.

On Monday, shares were already oversubscribed less than an hour after the order book was open for institutional investors in the Hong Kong leg of the IPO, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Strategic investors in the Shanghai shares include China’s national pension fund, and a slew of investment funds affiliated with China’s state-owned firms, insurance companies and banks, as well as mutual funds.

Foreign buyers include Singaporean state investors GIC Private Ltd. and Temasek Fullerton Alpha Pte. Ltd., the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, and the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority.

Alibaba will also buy 51.1 billion yuan worth of shares, equivalent to $7.6 billion, to maintain its stake at around one-third of Ant. Mr. Ma and members of Ant’s top management will collectively own 39.5% of Ant after the IPO, before the exercise of any greenshoe.

The record-breaking deal will bring in hefty fees for a number of investment banks. Citigroup Inc., JPMorgan Chase & Co., Morgan Stanley and China International Capital Corp. have top billing as joint sponsors of Ant’s Hong Kong IPO, while CICC and China Securities Co. are joint sponsors of the Shanghai share sale. In total 25 institutions are working on the Hong Kong share sale, and six on the Shanghai tranche.
Report TOU ViolationShare This Post
 Public ReplyPrvt ReplyMark as Last ReadFilePrevious 10Next 10PreviousNext