SI
SI
discoversearch

We've detected that you're using an ad content blocking browser plug-in or feature. Ads provide a critical source of revenue to the continued operation of Silicon Investor.  We ask that you disable ad blocking while on Silicon Investor in the best interests of our community.  If you are not using an ad blocker but are still receiving this message, make sure your browser's tracking protection is set to the 'standard' level.
Biotech / Medical : Geron Corp.
GERN 1.480-2.0%11:19 AM EDT

 Public ReplyPrvt ReplyMark as Last ReadFilePrevious 10Next 10PreviousNext  
From: tktrimbath6/30/2020 6:56:33 PM
   of 3519
 
My mid year review of GERN

INTRO Here's my semi-annual exercise to see if I remember why I own the stocks I own, and so I can check back and see if their stories have changed. I post in case it helps others too.

Geron

GERN (market cap is $0.677B was $0.272B)

Geron is a leading edge biotech developing treatments for blood disorders by managing telomeres. The specific application may suffice to make the company profitable, if the treatment is approved; but the more general application could extend to other cancers and illnesses caused by improper cell death or growth. If proven, that opens the market to treating auto-immune disorders as well as cancers. Some treatments are in variations of Phase Three clinical trials, but approval and profitability can be years away.

Perhaps the better description is that Geron was, rather than is, a leading edge biotech. While their technologies are advanced, their development has taken decades during which competition has developed, the company's earlier suite of technologies has reduced to one, and the company's financial situation continues to rely on limited income.

I continue to hold because the company has made progress, and because selling now does not generate much cash. The fate and fortune of the company will probably be determined within the next few years. I've waited a long time. I can wait some more.

DISCLOSURE LTBH since 1999 and continuing to hold. I might consider buying more, but will probably wait for substantial, quantitative results to be made public - which would spark a spike that might price me out of the sale. Stay tuned.

(I've also collected links to the other discussion boards and my other stocks over on my blog trimbathcreative.net )
Report TOU ViolationShare This Post
 Public ReplyPrvt ReplyMark as Last ReadFilePrevious 10Next 10PreviousNext