|It looks like the EC Radio Spectrum Policy Group sees opportunity|
Page 12 New Radio Spectrum Policy Programme (RSPP)
Scope of RSPG activity
The RSPG will develop an opinion contributing to a new multiannual RSPP taking into account the latest technological and regulatory developments and Union policy objectives, including the need to support Gigabit connectivity and climate neutrality targets. The new RSPP should apply up to 2030 and cover various sectors and Union policies using spectrum.
To this end and with regard to the Request for an Opinion on an RSPP by the Commission, the RSPG will consider the following topics:
- making available at least 12 GHz of spectrum below 100 GHz to promote innovative wireless services (including WiFi and 5G and beyond);
- concrete coordinated actions to facilitate the take-up of shared spectrum use;
- the positive impact of technological innovation on efficient spectrum use;
- network evolution and spectrum needs of terrestrial broadcasting and PMSE;
- specific SMEs needs for spectrum;
- approaches to improve environmental sustainability in relation to spectrum authorisation, management and use.
- Improve the visibility of measures to ensure coherence between harmonised standards (RED) and spectrum regulatory framework, and
- opportunities for coordination between civilian and military use of spectrum,