We've detected that you're using an ad content blocking browser plug-in or feature. Ads provide a critical source of revenue to the continued operation of Silicon Investor.  We ask that you disable ad blocking while on Silicon Investor in the best interests of our community.  If you are not using an ad blocker but are still receiving this message, make sure your browser's tracking protection is set to the 'standard' level.
Politics : Formerly About Apple, Inc. Unmoderated
AAPL 364.110.0%Jul 2 4:00 PM EDT

 Public ReplyPrvt ReplyMark as Last ReadFilePrevious 10Next 10PreviousNext  
To: handyman who wrote (9759)11/18/2019 10:03:56 PM
From: Doren  Read Replies (2) of 10815
> cynical reason for how guys like Al Gore hobnob around the globe

Has no bearing on whether there is man made climate change.

But since you mention it, I'm a huge critic of people like Gore AND particularly Harrison Ford.

> There’s a huge cottage industry of scientists that feed on each other allowing them to perch high in their ivory towers living the good life and buying beach front properties.
Total nonsense. About 3% of climate scientists are hired and bribed to "interpret" data in a way favorable to oil companies. The remaining 97% could probably make more money working for google or apple or facebook or one of the giant chinese companies.

> Meanwhile they ignore the real meaningful clean energy of natural gas and nuclear which is and could keep us independent and a leader in the fight against climate change.

Well we could solve climate change without drastic CO2 cuts... but the entire world would have to do things like conserve. The west want's a technological change so that their wasteful habits like rushing up to stoplights to butt in front of courteous drivers can continue. Vegetarianism would cut 20% AND ranches are the #2 cause of Water pollution in the US behind the military.

3rd world countries want SUVs and overpowered cars.

Currently to replace internal combustion autos we'd have to increase our output of lithium and cobalt 1000 times what we currently produce.

So I do not see the world reacting to climate change probably until its too late and the oceans, krill, reefs and tropical forests are completely devastated and there is mass starvation from crop failure and no more fish world wide. The rich know this and are preparing buying the right land, installing gates and defenses. Hiring their own mercenary police.

Nuclear costs way too much. No nuclear plant would ever be built without government subsidies. Socialism. None ever have been. NO insurance company has EVER agreed to insure one plant. They know better.
Report TOU ViolationShare This Post
 Public ReplyPrvt ReplyMark as Last ReadFilePrevious 10Next 10PreviousNext