|More Tailwind News and say 'Hello' to Bevin Fletcher @ fiercewireless.com handling DISH news.|
Bevin has a total of two stories under her by-line.... hey grrrl You write'm we link'em.
Then, Sequans earned a headline on lightreading.com for its Kudelski tie-in. (link below)
Then, the 2.5Ghz spectrum is getting FCC expansion to make a wider 150Mhz section available for cellular voice and FWA/BWA. This is a similar action to that taken on CBRS so-called 3.5Ghz band which is actually 400Mhz wide but only 200Mhz opened to date for CBRS.
Anyway, this is tailwind because
- we are world leading experts on BOTH 2.5Ghz and 3.5Ghz dating back to WiMax on both 2.5Ghz here in USA as Clearwire and Italy's Linkem on 3.5Ghz AND NOW CONVERTED TO LTE.)
- the whole world knows Sequans expertise who was once a leading provider to Alcatel.
- DISH is maneuvering to gain ready-to-use spectrum, NOC facilities, and revenue stream in a deal that helps him and FCC as they both try to overcome obstacles
- FCC needs to become free of Huawei equipment ( see comment here Message 32202942 Those hints suggest that Charlie is effectively buying out ALL the prior Clearwire assets )
- DISH needs to beat an imposed deadline for utilizing his spectrum but is overwhelmed by the certification process.
- I expect there is a deal which satisfies everyone already stated and awaiting Congress and POTUS.
- DISH is already announced to be a pure M2M network for FWA/BWA and M2M Iot dumb industrial and Home&Office devices, but if true then they appear to accept some voice customers. I am not ready to believe these rumors are accurate regarding DISH operating voice - but maybe they are giving into pressure to be a voice MVNO to gain the other benefits. We shall see.
LAST, The question remains: Can Sequans convert from being a tech demonstration and certification entity to a genuine profitable revenue-generating entity? DISH could sure use GK's proven skills in that certification area.
Eurobites: Kudelski, Sequans Chip In on IoT Security 6/19/2019
Dish could pay $6B for T-Mobile/Sprint assets - report by Bevin Fletcher | Jun 19, 2019
FCC’s Pai plans to tee up 2.5 GHz auction for 5G by Bevin Fletcher | Jun 18, 2019