|1Q19 CC Selected Comments Deserving Highlight and Commentary in my own words.|
GK continues to produce comments disconnected from REALITY
- I'm pleased to report that the signs of improvement
- *****our business is doing very well...
GK has been holding back some important negotiations and reveals them here. I am relieved the Board of Directors has taken some initiative to authorize these efforts. Perhaps we have our 10% shareholder to thank.
These Customer project announcements reveal more than we knew up to today
- a new business model for Sequans with a new go-to-market approach
- similar deals that could materialize this year
- *****Meanwhile, together with the Board, we are continuing to explore the full array of possible alternatives and timing considerations for significantly strengthening our financial position and maximizing shareholders' value.
- we are fully prepared to take whatever decision may be in the best interest of shareholders in the future.
- **** we have an ODM in Asia addressing at least 4, 5 design win that we have, and this is Asiatel.
- ****We have a buy-here-pay-here service as well that we announced with Connected Holdings.
- **** certification of our Sprint CAT 1 module and started shipping
- we are making good progress on the engagements we have on CBRS and enterprise router markets
- If we manage to secure them, our broadband business will recover completely
- Many of those that were nearly secured at year-end were converted to fully secured design wins during the first quarter.
On 5G it seems that our long R&D project with TCL(Alcatel) is resulting in a Device Management Platform to manage both devices and their applications including OTA updates.
- our 5G platform for application
- After 5 years of research activity, we are now moving to the development phase, and we are very excited about this new market opportunity
A new technology is announced ,and as you read it I wonder if it looks to you like a hint of existing designs getting ported to FD-SOI which is both lower power and lower cost An important fact is recognizing that France's STMicro is a major developer of FD-SOI and has successfully ported earlier FinFet designs to it - I'm thinking of a very early Ericson 4G LTE SoC modem that was used in a Samsung cellphone before porting and thus tested there also AFAIK for performance comparison.
- Also, we have identified a potential opportunity to capitalize on our clear leadership in CAT 1 with
*****a new low power, lower cost variant that would expand the market.