| || |
Chart of the Day - Cree Inc
The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the semi conductor company Cree( CREE). I found the stock by using Barchart to sort it's Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then I used the the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/3 the stock gained 72.92%.
Cree, Inc. is a market-leading innovator and manufacturer of semiconductors that enhance the value of solid-state lighting, power and communications products by significantly increasing their energy performance and efficiency. Key to Cree's market advantage is its world-class materials expertise in silicon carbide and gallium nitride for chips and packaged devices that can handle more power in a smaller space while producing less heat than other available technologies, materials and products. Cree drives its increased performance technology into multiple applications, including exciting alternatives in brighter and more-tunable light for general illumination, backlighting for more-vivid displays, optimized power management for high-current switch-mode power supplies and variable-speed motors, and more-effective wireless infrastructure for data and voice communications. Cree customers range from innovative lighting-fixtures makers to defense-related federal agencies.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- 94.61+ Weighted Alpha
- 74.45% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 18 new highs and up 21.51% in the last year
- Relative Strength Index 84.49%
- Technical support level at 67.43
- Recently traded at 68.75 with a 50 day moving average of 57.76
- Market Cap $7.01 billion
- P/E 354.91
- Revenue expected to decrease 7.20% this year and another 5.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 321.10% this year, an additional 61.20% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 112.26% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 5 strong buy, 4 hold and 1 sell recommendation
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 1071 to 89 that the stock will beat the market