|Apple offered to help unlock Texas shooter's phone, |
but the FBI still hasn't asked for assistance
The 2016 San Bernardino iPhone controversy resulted in a very
public feud between the FBI and Apple, and it looks as if the
animosity from that incident still remains. Earlier this week, the
feds indirectly blamed the company for not being able to access
Texas gunman Devin P. Kelley’s iPhone, but Apple said it would
have happily helped if it had been asked. It even contacted the
FBI to offer its assistance.
At a press conference on Tuesday, FBI special agent Christopher
Combs said the phone, since identified as an iPhone, that belonged
to the deceased Kelley had been transported to the agency’s
Quantico headquarters in the hope of obtaining some important
information. "Unfortunately, at this point in time, we are unable to
get into that phone,” he said.
More at: techspot.com