Cheeky's Internet Predications: (Some of them)|
1. Downloading your favourite software title over the web will be the norm shortly. You see this starting now, go to Symantec.com, download Norton Utilities, ANTIVIRUS, etc, others like Adobe, Corel, etc., you can buy and download your software from the comfort of your home. I believe this type of distribution method will be the preferred method, and will make mail-order and retail software purchases obsolete within 3 years.
As for games, on CD and now DVD, they will still be available retail, but our operating systems, utilities, word processors, spreadsheet, HTML editors, graphics programs, etc... will be more convenient as a download. The Internet is an awesome powerful distribution tool.
2. Internet Gambling will flourish like we have never seen in history as well Adult entertainment. Adult entertainment is an obvious easy guess.
3. GOODBYE bank tellers, ATM (Automated Teller Machine) usage will "decrease," your computer and PDA or Digital Cell Phone will make Internet banking rule. With direct deposit, your company deposits your paycheck into your bank account, go on-line an do ALL your banking. I mean ALL your banking!!! It is happening right now.
4. Newspapers and other news print sources better be worried, on-line news is a prince and soon will be KING. Most newspapers and other print media have some sort of a cut down version of on-line papers...some suck, and some are very good. When I speak of print media, I mean medical journals, magazines (all sorts), news papers, trade journals, etc. I have personal experience where medical information from the American Heart Association's website was available to me before my GP, and specialist received their updated journals. When it comes to medical info you read on the net, it is always wise to run it past your doctor before you do ANYTHING.
5. The list can go on, and on. As for businesses, this new mega industry, The Internet, will create business opportunities for the person who keeps on top of all this. There will be businesses starting in the months and years ahead that have not even been dreamed about yet, filling voids and services that also have not been dreamed up yet, but again, you have to stay on top of all the new stuff coming out...oh, knowing how to program in HTML would be a bonus...it's not that hard you know!!
May you live long and prosper, and have many heathy cheeky kids.
My websites will never say "No Smoking Allowed"