We've detected that you're using an ad content blocking browser plug-in or feature. Ads provide a critical source of revenue to the continued operation of Silicon Investor.  We ask that you disable ad blocking while on Silicon Investor in the best interests of our community.  If you are not using an ad blocker but are still receiving this message, make sure your browser's tracking protection is set to the 'standard' level.
Gold/Mining/Energy : Barrick Gold (ABX)
ABX 23.68-0.6%Jan 21 3:00 PM EDT

 Public ReplyPrvt ReplyMark as Last ReadFilePrevious 10Next 10PreviousNext  
From: Savant3/27/2017 2:58:30 PM
   of 3558
Osisko Closes Exploration Earn-In Agreement With Barrick on Kan

undefined undefined | Marketwired
MONTRÉAL, QUÉBEC--(Marketwired - March 27, 2017) - Osisko Mining Inc. (TSX:OSK) ("Osisko") is pleased to announce, further to its press release issued on January 10, 2017, that it has entered into and commenced an earn-in agreement with Barrick Gold Corporation (TSX:ABX)(NYSE:ABX) ("Barrick") in respect of an exploration earn-in (the "Exploration Earn-In") on the Kan property located in northern Québec ("Kan Property"). See below under the heading "About the Kan Property".

Under the Exploration Earn-In, Barrick must commit $15 million in work expenditures on or prior to December 31, 2020 to earn a 70% interest in the Kan Property, subject to certain annual work expenditure thresholds, including a guaranteed expenditure threshold of $6 million on or prior to December 31, 2018. Following the completion of the Exploration Earn-In, the Kan Property will be transferred to a new joint venture entity to be owned 30% by Osisko and 70% by Barrick. Osisko and Barrick will then enter into a joint venture agreement in respect of the Kan Property. In addition, Barrick may earn a further 5% interest in the joint venture entity (for a total interest of 75%) by electing to fund an additional $5 million of project level expenditures (such as a preliminary economic assessment or pre-feasibility study).

Qualified Person

The scientific and technical content of this news release has been reviewed, prepared and approved by Mr. Mathieu Savard, P.Geo. Vice President Exploration Québec, who is a "qualified person" as defined by National Instrument 43-101 - Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects.

About the Kan Property

The Kan Property is located in the Nunavik Territory in northern Québec. The property is a large gold and base-metal exploration project covering a surface area of over 30,000 hectares in the Labrador Trough, 85 kilometres southwest of Kuujjuaq. A silicate-carbonate iron formation of regional extent represents a significant auriferous unit on the property sharing similarities with the world-class Homestake gold deposit. Historical work conducted in the 1990's led to the discovery of numerous gold showings within the iron formation, with drill results returning 5.1 g/t Au over 6 metres (Ferricrete Showing) and 9.46 g/t Au over 2 metres (Kan Showing). Work carried out by Rio Silver Inc. in 2011-2012 yielded 3.12 g/t Au over 13.9 metres in channels and 1.2 g/t Au over 10.4 metres in drilling on the Pump Pad Ridge showing. Exploration work performed in 2014-2016 by Virginia Mines Inc. (subsequently Osisko Exploration James Bay) led to the discovery of additional gold mineralization associated with the silicate-carbonate iron formation on the Kan Property. Best results from this work include values of: 8.1 g/t Au over 7 metres (Pump Pad Ridge showing); 10.7 g/t Au over 5 metres (Winchester showing); and 8.6 g/t Au over 3.2 metres (KTR showing) obtained from channels; and values of 2.13 g/t Au over 8 metres and 4.62 g/t over 8 metres obtained from drilling (Winchester-Pump-Pad Ridge).

About Osisko Mining Inc.

Osisko is a mineral exploration company focused on the acquisition, exploration, and development of precious metal resource properties in Canada. Osisko holds a 100% in the high-grade Windfall Lake gold deposit located between Val-d'Or and Chibougamau in Québec and holds a 100% undivided interest in a large area of claims in the surrounding Urban Barry and Lebel-sur-Quévillon areas, a 100% interest in the Marban project located in the heart of Québec's prolific Abitibi gold mining district, and properties in Ontario, including the Jonpol and Garrcon deposits on the Garrison property. Osisko continues to be well financed with approximately $190 million in cash and investments. Osisko Gold Royalties Ltd. (TSX:OR)(NYSE:OR) is a significant shareholder of the Corporation with approximately 14% ownership.

Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Information
Report TOU ViolationShare This Post
 Public ReplyPrvt ReplyMark as Last ReadFilePrevious 10Next 10PreviousNext