We've detected that you're using an ad content blocking browser plug-in or feature. Ads provide a critical source of revenue to the continued operation of Silicon Investor.  We ask that you disable ad blocking while on Silicon Investor in the best interests of our community.  If you are not using an ad blocker but are still receiving this message, make sure your browser's tracking protection is set to the 'standard' level.
Microcap & Penny Stocks : Microcap Potential Homeruns--Credible, and Reporting

 Public ReplyPrvt ReplyMark as Last ReadFilePrevious 10Next 10PreviousNext  
To: Ted M who wrote (1052)10/7/2015 7:15:18 PM
From: NAG1  Read Replies (1) of 1056

Thanks. I have a nice bit of Apple stock that I want to start to sell down and start building a dividend based portfolio but I don't want to part with Apple at these prices. I think it should be at least 20-30% higher than it is right now so this planning will have to wait.

My small cap portfolio is doing much worse than I expected. I expected big things from VSYS, DECN and IMSC.

VSYS is the one that is in the worst shape. I have held and added shares for years. I feel pretty foolish right now but I really thought Raefield would turn things around. I guess the lesson is never rely on a small cap company that does most of its business with the government. It seems that things get constantly delayed and maybe that is partly due to the big boys using their political connections to cause this. I would have thought revenues would be at least 10 million this year. I will be happy if they can do 6. I have been selling Viscount because they can't seem to get out of blocks without continuous stumbling. The interesting thing with the last batch that I sold, the bid dipped but then came back almost to the bid that I had gotten for my batch. It seems that there is interest in the stock at these levels. Fortunately, I need to balance some gains this year so selling this helps. At this point in time, I put their chances of success at 10%.

IMSC is sort of in the same boat. They have a decent nut to pay off each month and they are depending on public agencies to place orders for their devices. I think they are in better shape in terms of acceptance of their products but worse shape financially and need their debt refinanced. If they only do around 40 million as their guidance talked about in the last CC, then I am hoping for a buyout. I was hoping for about twice that much. But it does seem that they are selling their products and I put their chances at about 50% and that would include a buyout.

DECN I always liked for their glucose strip business. I just didn't think the lawsuit with J&J would last this long. If they can get some good money out of the suit, it will be nice to see if they can actually sell their product and make a profit. If they win the lawsuit or if J&J finally decides to cut its losses, it will be a big short term winner but then the hard work actually begins. Since lawsuits can never truly be counted on, I put their chances of success at about 50%,

I have some fair sized positions in CDOC and LLLI. CDOC, with the settlement of the shareholder lawsuit, maybe it can now get some traction. LLLI, if they don't see a fair sized jump in revenues by the end of the year, I will sell.

Smaller positions right now in BKYI, CETX, PLUG, GLYE, SMID, FTLF, CTDH and PYDS. I have hope for PLUG and SMID. PYDS appears to have slowing revenue growth and I have sold part of my position their. BKYI and FTLF I will sell by the end of the year if their is no progress although FTLF may get a little longer since they may have bought some growth the their recent merger. CETX I am holding to see hat happens. Same for CTDH but I may be selling this one by years end. SMID seems to be doing well but whenever things start to turn around for them, it appears that construction stuff goes into the crapper and they head back down again. I hope that the timing of things will finally work out for them.

That is the short poop on my small cap portfolio. As you can see, you can hardly have done much worse than what I have done. I was basically waiting for the home run to hit that would help allow me to get to a good place for retirement. I guess I will have to wait somewhat longer and hope Apple can find what I consider its true value.

Good luck.

Report TOU ViolationShare This Post
 Public ReplyPrvt ReplyMark as Last ReadFilePrevious 10Next 10PreviousNext