|VQ is so low compared to buyout price that I'm a little worried that the deal won't get done. However, I am holding on to my position and sticking with my bet that it'll get completed. |
The deal I'm most enthused now about is Viterra (VTRAF/VT.to), and I have a substantially larger bet on that one. With Viterra, while the gain (%) isn't so large as VQ might or will be, the acquiring company really wants Viterra and has the financing to do the deal (I believe). The two issues seem to be: 1) will the local Canadian government block the deal, and/or 2) will the deal be delayed to such an extent that given the time value of money, it's not worth holding Viterra until the deal actually gets completed.