|IMT-2020 5G Wireless Technology & IoT|
5G is the 5th Generation of wireless technology for cellular networks that began deployment in 2019. 5G began as a vision while 3GPP OFDMA-based 4G LTE Advanced rolled out globally supplementing and then replacing earlier generations of mobile wireless technology.
In addition to blazing fast speeds for tomorrow’s mobile devices, 5G networks will be the platform for new innovations, including the Internet of Things, autonomous vehicles, ultra high-definition video, remote health care, and augmented reality along with many disrupters yet to be imagined. Dozens of companies participating in several standards development bodies sketched out proposals for the first round of development of 5G standards work and the initial phase of standards for next-generation cellular networks were released in late 2018 by The Third Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) with a second phase due in 2020.
This board has been created for discussion of the development and implementation of 5G Networks, Devices and Services. All SI members are welcome to contribute. There are inevitable geopolitical ramifications to mobile wireless telecom standards setting and implementation but this is not a political board and consequently 'Virtual Holy Wars' will not be fought on this SI subject board. Silicon Investor's TOU are applicable here.
5G Reference Links
• 5G (Wikipedia) | en.wikipedia.org
• 5G Americas | 5gamericas.org
• 5G (Fierce Wireless) | fiercewireless.com
• 5G (Informa Tech's Telecoms.com) | telecoms.com
• 5G (Light Reading) | lightreading.com
• Telecompetitor (Telecoms and Broadband) | telecompetitor.com
• The 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) | 3gpp.org
• The IEEE | Standards for 5G and Beyond | futurenetworks.ieee.org
• The ITU “IMT for 2020 and beyond” | itu.int
Earlier Generations of Moble Wireless Technology SI Boards
• 4G IMT-Advanced 'True' 4G Mobile Wireless Technology | Subject 51577
• 3G IMT-2000 Third Generation Mobile Wireless Telephony | Subject 54786
- Eric L -