|Moderated By: Harold Engstrom -- (Moderated) -- Started: 10/12/1996 11:42:00 AM Revision History|
Elan is a bio/pharmaceutical company with roots in Ireland and the US. It has 2 primary foci: biologic and small molecule treatments for neurologic indications and drug delivery.
They currently have several sources of revenue:
* Drug delivery manufacturing and R&D contract services
* Nanotechnology drug delivery licensing and manufacturing services (among major drugs approved are Tricor (5%), and Magace, and Palperidone Palmitate (Invega approved Aug 2009), and fampridine (18% royalty) approved Jan 2010)
* Tysabri - a monoclonal antibody product approved by the FDA and EMEA for MS and in US for Crohn's Disease
* Prialt, an intrathecally delivered synthetic toxin for relieving pain otherwise untreatable by morphine (EU marketing/sales rights sold to Eisai 2/2006)
In R&D are:
* AAB-001 mAb for Alzheimer's Disease (P3) (50% Pfizer, 25.5% JNJ, 24.5% Elan)
* ACC-001 immunoconjugate for Alzheimer's Disease (P2) (50% Pfizer, 25.5% JNJ, 24.5% Elan)
* gamma secretase program for Alzheimer's Disease (pre-clinical, promising)
* right to 50% of Eli Lilly's gamma secretase AD program (P3)
* ELND-001: anti-VLA4 small molecules for RA (P1)
* ELND-002: anti-VLA4 small molecules for MS (P2)
* ELND-005/AZD-103: beta amyloid oral prophylactic (roll to P3 expected by YE2010) (70% Elan, 30% TTHI)
* ELND-006: molecule that inhibit cleavage of misfolded APP by gamma secretase
* PD - various pre-clinical candidates (IND 2010?)
* EDT: mix of hard-to-value products in various stages of development
This thread is now moderated: please be civil and keep the discussion on topic (about Elan.) Shorts and Longs are both welcome with the caveat that cheerleading and slamming without reasoning and sources to back them up are not welcome.
Copyright © 1995-2013 Knight Sac Media. All rights reserved.