|Moderated By: ChinuSFO -- (Moderated) -- Started: 6/28/2002 12:11:50 PM Revision History|
Welcome to the World Affairs discussion group.
This discussion group is to promote understanding and appreciation of international affairs related to global economic, political and cultural issues. It is not restricted to any specific topic. Suggested topics (but not restricted to):
1. The relevance of United Nation's mission and purpose?
2. The African scene: aid, hunger, fight against diseases?
3. War against terrorism: America's war or a war for all nations to participate?
4. One nation "under God", separation of religion and state or embracing atheism?
5. Should we hold our elected officials to a higher moral standard and why?
6. Clash of civilizations or is it terror?
7. The basis of a nation's formation: religion, race or both?
Holding passionate beliefs on issues is understandable. However if it encroaches on the rights of others to do likewise leading to attempts at personal insults and ridicule, then it violates the purpose of this thread.
The floodgates of information has been opened with the increasing use of the Internet. As a result, we now have access to the World Newspapers at the following:
You are encouraged to scan the editorial columns of the world newspapers, and post newsitems on topics of your interest from them.
Some good reading sites:
I am designating this as a moderated thread. And three strikes rule (via PM) applies since your views are welcome and appreciated. And lastly, what you post on other threads is not a concern of this thread. All that matters is what you post here.
Copyright © 1995-2013 Knight Sac Media. All rights reserved.