The Data Storage Industry has undergone tremendous M&A and consolidation over the course of the last 20 years and today dividend paying Western Digital Corporation (Nasdaq: WDC), headquartered in Irvine, CA is the HDD industry market leader with unit market share of 44%, usurping Seagate Technology (STX) who is close behind at 40% while Toshiba has a 16% share. Samsung is the claearcut leader In the SSD industry which is advancing rapidly at the expense of HDDs but Sandisk is number 2. 'Trendfocus' expects WDC to soon be the " Top Dog for all Storage Devices." With the recent acquisition of SanDisk moving forward, WDC is on the verge of becoming the big boy on the block from a product portfolio and vertical integration perspective. They will have a complete suite of HDD and SSD storage solutions including the NAND supply behind it or the SSD side to lead the industry.
Western Digital Websites ...
• The Western Digital Corporation website is here: wdc.com
• The WD HGST website is here: hgst.com
• The WD HGST Touro website is here: touropro.com
• The WD Sandisk website is here: sandisk.com
Other Data Storage Industry Leaders Websites ...
• Samsung SSD: samsung.com
• Seagate Technology: seagate.com
Other Silicon Investor Storage Industry Subject Boards ...
• Western Digital/Sandisk Corporation(WDC): Subject 1745
• WDC/Sandisk Corporation : Subject 1745
• WDC, NAND, NVM, enterprise storage systems, etc. Subject 59721
• Seagate Technology: Subject 3063
Data Storage Industry Research:
• TRENDFOCUS! trendfocus.com
• StorageNewsletter: storagenewsletter.com
- Eric L. - (Emcee as of June 2016)