| Moderated By: rjnawrockidd -- (Not Moderated) -- Started: 1/11/2000 8:10:00 PM Revision History |
This thread is for the discussion of the Diligent Dingo
Investment Intelligent Agent and Message Board Browser.
Product description and features
The product is call the 'Diligent Dingo' or 'DDingo' - "Trained for Due Diligence". I classify the product as a custom web browser and intelligent agent to assist in financial research on the web. The goal of the Diligent Dingo is to provide a tool to speed and enhance online investment research. The product currently provides the following features:
1) Fast multi-stream download of message boards by ticker from Silicon Investor, Yahoo, Motley Fool, and the Raging Bull message boards for quick viewing.
2) Users can browse messages and other resources that have already been fetched while the DDingo is fetching new information from the web in the background.
3) Fetching can be initiated on demand, according to a timed schedule, or on a minute my minute basis.
4) User specifies the number of initial messages to fetch from a thread, and
thereafter only new posts are fetched.
5) Support of non-stock symbol related SI boards. This means any board on SI can be fetched and monitored by the DDingo.
6) The number of threads and stocks monitored is only limited by your systems memory and disk resources.
7) Message board filtering of unwanted posters.
8) Configuration of a favorite poster 'Pack' filter to display only the messages of favorite message authors. This feature provides a 'Virtual Message Board" on heavily posted message boards.
9) Automatic fetching of charts by ticker from the yahoo and big charts web sites.
10) Automatic download of research web pages for stock ticker research. (Currently over 20 resources are fetched).
11) Automatic download of market research pages. These research web pages are also user configurable. Meaning if there is a web resource that you check all the time, you can configure it to be fetched.
12) Three different modes of fetching messages and other resources. One time research fetch, a scheduled fetch by day of week and time of day, and on a monitor level configurable to a minute resolution.
13) Configurable sound effects to notify the user of the arrival of a new message or news item.
14) Automatic program version synchronization and updates. This feature permits the DDingo to be easily and speedily updated. When any of the web resources change their location or layout, the DDingo can be updated without the need to update the entire program.
15) Edgar filings fetching and a portfolio quote monitor are soon to be added, as well as a more sophisticated 'Outlook' like interface.
16) HTTP Proxy support configuration.