My Private Msgs
-- Ignore unavailable to you. Want to
who wrote (
10/26/2009 1:43:08 AM
Read Replies (1)
>>On a related note, I find it funny that some apps that check the capabilities of my hackintosh before install think I have a PPC, even though my System Profiler believes I have a MacBook 4,1. No idea why, and there is a simple work-around, naturally. But I find it curious...<<
Curious, indeed. I guess it's just one of the vagaries of working in an unsupported environment.
Is it the Dell Mini 9 you have?
who wrote (
10/26/2009 4:34:11 PM
Sorry. Just realized I did not post the work-around for when an app erroneously thinks a hackintosh is a PPC ...
1. Download the application for Mac OS X.
2. Let the .dmg file execute.
3. Go to the folder where you downloaded the application plugin.
4. Right click on "application.pkg" and choose the "Show Package Contents" menu item.
5. Double click on the "Contents" folder.
6. Double click on the "Resources" folder.
7. Drag and drop the file "InstallationCheck" to the trash.
8. Close out the folder you're working in.
9. Finally double click on the "application.pkg" package, and it should install fine now.
Copyright © 1995-2013 Knight Sac Media. All rights reserved.