My Private Msgs
Strategies & Market Trends
January Effect 2001
-- Ignore unavailable to you. Want to
who wrote (
2/5/2001 12:11:17 AM
Read Replies (4)
A low 3-week RS would probably be a helpful criterion to include in a screen, judging from the charts for your most successful stocks this year, Infostream.
I think next year I would screen on these criteria:
- stock price in desired range (mostly < $1)
- low RS: 12-mo, 6-mo, 3-mo, and especially lowest 3-week
- 30-day average dollar volume >> $50k
- high individual ownership
- ratio (volume in next-to-last day of year or the day before that / 30-day average volume) > 1.2
- value criteria (price/cash, cashflow, etc.)
Finally, screen by hand to avoid stocks with recent bad news and large single-day price declines, and to favor stocks with charts that have been going down continuously.
Copyright © 1995-2013 Knight Sac Media. All rights reserved.