Looks like GKM has some competition. CAWS will be represented at a telecom conference sponsored by UBS securities:|
UBS TO HOST TELECOM DAY ON NOVEMBER 20 08:34am EST 13-Nov-96 UBS Securities (Nikos Theodosopoulos (212) 821-695) OMPT
UBS SECURITIES EQUITY RESEARCH
November 13,1996 Nikos Theodosopoulos (212) 821-6951
Rick Westerman (212) 821-6344 Linda B Meltzer (212) 821-5856 Jeffrey Schlesinger (212) 821-4715
UBS TO HOST TELECOM DAY ON NOVEMBER 20
* UBS will host its first annual Telecom Day on November 20 in New York.
* There will be four industry panels covering the Telecommunication Services, Wireless Technology, Cable Television and Satellite, and Internet areas.
* There will be 17 speakers, including representatives from Bell Atlantic, GTE, MCI, Teleport, Omnipoint, Geoworks, DirecPC, @Home, CAI Wireless, Cisco, Cascade Communications, and BBN.
* Keynote speaker is Bernie Ebbers, President and CEO of WorldCom
UBS Securities will host the firm's first annual Telecom Day on November 20, at The Metropolitan Club in New York. The UBS Telecom Team made up of Linda Meltzer (telecommunications services), Nikos Theodosopoulos (telecommunications equipment), Jeffrey Schlesinger (wireless technology), and Rick Westerman (satellite and cable) will each host a panel covering a topic specific to their industry.
The following topics to be covered are:
1) Telecommunications Services - "The Battle for Local and Long Distance Markets"
2) Wireless Technology - "New Wireless Technologies and Services in a Changing Competitive Landscape"
3) Cable Television and Satellite - "High Speed Data to the Home"
4) Internet - "Next Generation Internet Networks and Services"
Representatives from Bell Atlantic, GTE, MCI, Teleport, Omnipoint, Geoworks, WorldCom, DirecPC, @Home, CAI Wireless, Cisco Systems, Cascade Communications, and BBN will discuss what will be the victorious technologies, who will build the equipment and who will sell the services to corporate and individual customers as we head into the next century.
Please call your UBS sales person at (212) 821-4500 to register for the conference.