Advanced Search [ sign out]
Settings Politics : Politics for Pros- moderated -- Ignore is On
Public Reply | Prvt Reply | Mark as Last Read | File | Keep Previous 10 | Next 10 | Previous | Next From: Carolyn2/24/2012 11:22:15 AM
5 Recommendations Read Replies (2) of 473776 15 Questions The Mainstream Media Would Ask Barack Obama If He Were A Republican Jeff Carter If you deny that there is liberal bias in the mainstream media, you are living under a rock. We saw George Stephanopolos take marching orders into debate questioning.
The only thing they don’t ask Republican candidates about much is economic questions and debt questions. Instead they ask horribly slanted, often irrelevant questions designed to make them look bad and help Obama. We’ve heard questions about contraceptives, religion, Newt’s angry ex-wife, Cain’s employees, Romney’s personal wealth, Gardasil, etc. Newt’s rise was because of the way he attacked the media and Obama in the debates because of the stupid and obviously planted questions.
So, what would happen if the mainstream media treated Barack Obama the exact same way they treat Republicans? The questions might sound a little something like this.
1) Numerous Mexican citizens and an American citizen have been murdered with weapons knowingly provided to criminals by our own government during Operation Fast and Furious. If Eric Holder was aware that was going on, do you think he should step down as Attorney General? Were you aware of Fast and Furious and if so, shouldn’t you resign?
this is under investigation and it would be inappropriate for me to respond to it now.
2) In 2010 you said Solyndra, a company that donated heavily to your political campaign, was “leading the way toward a brighter and more prosperous future.” Today, Solyndra is bankrupt and the taxpayers lost over $500 million on loans that your administration knew might never be paid off when you made them. How do you respond to citizens who say this is evidence of corruption in your administration?
not all investments pan out. a successful venture capitalist may score big on 1 out of 10 and lose on 7 of 10.
3) Unions invested a lot of time and money in helping to get you elected. In return, unions gained majority control of Chrysler, the taxpayers lost $14 billion dollars on General Motors, and General Motors received a special $45 billion dollar tax break. What do you say to people who view this as corruption on a scale never before seen in American history?
i saved the auto industry and jobs. the taxpayers are likely to ultimately make a profit. they have with the investment in the banks.
4) Through dubious means you and your Democrat allies in Congress managed to force through an incredibly unpopular health care bill that helped lead to the worst election night for the Democrat Party in 50 years. Since the bill has passed, many of your claims about the bill have proven to be untrue. For example, we now know the bill won’t lower health care costs and despite your assurances to the contrary, big companies like McDonald’s say they may drop health care because of the health care reform. Congress has exempted themselves from the health care reform and instead has their own taxpayer-funded premium health care plan. Many large companies (that donate to Democrat political campaigns) have received special exemptions from the health care plan. Since the majority of the American people have rejected your health care reform and it doesn’t do what you said it would, shouldn’t you work with the Republicans to repeal it?
i am proud to have all american's health properly cared for.
5) When you took office, the national average for one gallon of gas was $1.89 per gallon. Since then, you’ve demonized the oil industry, dramatically slowed offshore drilling, blocked ANWAR, and rejected the Keystone Pipeline. Now, gas is $3.54 per gallon and rising and is expected to reach $5 per gallon by May of this year. How much higher do you anticipate driving gas prices?
we pay less than most countries. we need to reduce driving, improve gas mileage and develop alternative means for energy for cars. i have advanced those goals.
6) Occupy Wall Street has been protesting against Wall Street and the richest 1 percent in America. You are in the top 1 percent of income earners in America and you have collected more cash from Wall Street than any other President in history. So, aren’t you exactly the sort of politician that Occupy Wall Street wants to get rid of?
i and those who support me are seeking to help the 99%. I AM WILLING TO PAY MY FAIR SHARE AND DO MY FAIR SHARE.
7) How do you decide which foreign leaders to submissively bow towards and why do you think that’s appropriate for an American President?
i do not bow down to jewish leader of israel. i follow diplomatic custom except re queen of england.
If they could, don’t you think the Nobel Committee would take back the Nobel Peace Prize that you were awarded after serving just one month in office?
at the time they knew i had little history and was prez for only a month. then i increased troops, used drones a lot, kid lots of al qaeda, supported toppling governments of egypt and libya. but, some say killing these muslim terrorists and tyrants was a good thing for peace.
9) You made bipartisanship one of the central themes of your campaign in 2008. Yet, you’ve worked to push bills through Congress with almost no Republican support, spent much less time negotiating with Congress than George Bush did, and you’ve said things like, “But, I don’t want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking. I want them to get out of the way so we can clean up the mess. I don’t mind cleaning up after them, but don’t do a lot of talking.” Why did you decide to break your campaign promise to pursue bipartisanship?
i saw i could do closer to what i wanted and whAT I think is best for the country if i picked off just a handful of gop.
10) America lost its AAA credit rating for the first time under your watch. What do you think you should have done differently to have prevented that historic failure?
bond raters have an extremely poor track record. rating was reduced because gop threatened not to raise debt ceiling - and to default. we have enormous debt because w spent wildly, we have spent wildly for decades, gop has taken pledge not to raise taxes, w cut taxes on all, including the rich.
11) You cut more than 500 billion dollars out of Medicare to fund your wildly unpopular health care reform bill. Given that Medicare is running in the red already, don’t you think it’s irresponsible to cut money out of one entitlement program, that millions of seniors depend on — to put it into a risky new entitlement program?
we will eventually tax rich more and not give benefits to rich to save medicare.
12) Back in July, you said, “Nobody’s looking to raise taxes right now. We’re talking about potentially 2013 and the out years.” Since you plan to raise taxes if you’re elected and you’ve had kind words for a value added tax, shouldn’t every American expect a tax increase if you’re reelected?
no, just those who make over $250,000.
13) Why should the American people reelect you when your 10 year budget saddles America with more debt than all previous Presidents combined?
i have made progress re jobs and the economy. i am for the 99%. i am for the 50% who don't pay income taxes. i am for the unemployed, those on food stamps, those who get free lunch, free medical care, free daycare, subsidizied housing, subsidized loans, etc.
14) Your stimulus bill cost more in real dollars than the moon landing and the interstate highway system combined. Many prominent economists have concluded the stimulus plan was a total failure. What do we have to show for all of that money spent?
we were losing loads of jobs every month. we have been adding jobs every month.
15) Members of your administration promised that the trillion dollar stimulus would keep unemployment under 8 percent. Instead, we’ve had 35+ months of 8% and above unemployment. Doesn’t that mean we wasted a trillion dollars on nothing?
unemployment would be over 10%; instead it has come down to almost 8%.
Copyright © 2011 Snurf LLC. All rights reserved.