- revenue has been under extreme pressure over the past year, largely attributable to customer consolidation.
- recently combined CenturyLink and Level 3 will remain suppressed for an undetermined period of time.
- ongoing price aggression by certain competitors and technology transitions continue to drive pricing down at a rapid pace.
- industry analysts lowering their 2018 outlooks for the DWDM market outside of China, now expecting overall growth in the low to mid-single digits, with long haul expected to be only flat to slightly up
- timing of completing the XT-3600 and 1.2-terabit line card for the DTN-X, the final ICE4 products, had slipped one quarter to Q1 of 2018.
- In metro, we continue to anticipate major cable and mobile operators will begin toward opportunities around fiber-deep.
- Finally in subsea, our belief is that providing leading spectral efficiency tied with the ability to instantly deploy bandwidth will become a prevailing expectation as customers award new routes.
- for the fourth quarter of 2017, we currently project revenue of $190 million, plus or minus $5 million.
- With our addressable markets expected to grow only low to mid-single digits, I feel good about outgrowing the market, but I'm less confident in our ability to grow 10% or greater for the full year 2018.