|I visited the $1.5 billion dollar, Mormon-developed City Creek Center Mall today for the first time, just to check it out. It's been raining all day here, and I haven't been down to see it. So, what's the difference between a normal mall and a Mormon mall?|
1. There's no Victoria's Secret as there was in one of the two the private malls it replaced. Heck, I'll bet Victoria would have happily developed some SEXY "magic underwear" just for the Mormons!
2. Although I looked, there's no coffee shop! That would have been my only purchase.
3. There is a bookstore, but it has no porn or even racy magazines. Plenty of LDS literature though.
4. There are some food places and a food court, but not one bar.
5. From the center of the plaza just outside the enclosed food court, if you look north you see the Mormon Temple, with the inscription, "The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints" just across the street. So, across from their religious temple, they have their retail temple!