|An hour with Chicago best tech geek 11/26/10.|
I hope everyone is good after a day of thanks and food.
I sat down w R. He is one of the best in the cloud computing and tech trends that I know.
The Five highlights.
1) Verizon agreed to buffet HD video due to increase use and fears by the industry. Free cell bandwidth is an issue lately due to exponential growth in the internet use on phones. ATT is going to charge after 2Gb. Tier pricing is the doom of any carrier. VZ sees this as a chance to steal many customers.
2) The log jam is at the cell towers. Companies that make switching and monitoring equipment will see dramatic increases in sales. Faster and efficient equipment is needed. I am not sure which five equipment manufacturer are leader in switches and monitoring equipment. Eventually the analog TV spectrum will be used and sold to add more data to the internet. Then internet every will exist with full potential.
3) He said every tech geek must watch "this week in google and the cloud". Okie. I never even heard of it. Jeff Jarvis and Leo Laporte are people you need to follow on social media.
4) TV and print are going to die. Internet TV with produced content is the future. Same for reporting such as Huffpost.
5) Grooveshark is the future of music. It just might be some other name if it gets sued like Panda. 14 million songs. You pay $30 to access all of them, make custom playlists, get likes, and share with others.
Of course, he showed me Google doc storage for excel and word documents. Slidesharenet for ppt. Vimeo for video. and Photopucket for photos.
The future is a gaming laptop at home.
You use the cell (iphone or droid X) as portable 95% use.
At meetings, you will use the ipad or the next generation wonders like the Motorola Stingray.
All data is on the cloud, accessible by any of the three devices.